cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F Digital Personnel file (DPF) Vs Open text Employee File management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am aware of Digital Personnel file solution which is part of SAP HCM Processes and Forms. Recently I came to know about Open text Employee file management ,which also focuses on storing files, data in digital personalized folder structure.

I would like to understand , the advantage of using Opentext ? are they technically/fnally different ? I have searched the forum but couldnt find the similarity/ difference .

Any ideas in this regard would be helpful.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a comparison white paper between generic archivelink and EFM here. Not sure if that helps at all:

http://www.insidesap.com.au/_blog/White_Papers/post/SAP_Employee_File_Management/

Edited by: Athol Hill on Mar 24, 2011 9:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your reply.

May be not the exact comparison, but atleast I could make out what are the added advantages using opentext.

DPF from HCM P&F also provides a folder structure irrespective of infotypes , but not all the listed features from opentext could be met.

Basically DPF is a wrapper on top of RM and it is also connected to Archive . So definitely opentext is way further to go.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

RM is the old strategy for SAP so Open Text would definitely be the way to go. SAP has even renamed generic Records Management to Netweaver Folders Management to avoid confusion with the Open Text Records Management. The cost for EFM is also not very expensive (dependent on country - can only be purchased from SAP directly) and very easy to implement. I would typically complete an implementation within 30 days if the content server is already in place.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Mar 24, 2011 10:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats really a good one to add .

Thanks alot for your reply. I think I got the answer , ll close the thread.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saujanya,

I am having the same query as yours. actually, we are in the process of recommending EFM at a client site and would like to know the benefits of EFM over the SAP DPF.

If you can please list down a few major points of difference between the two, or in which aspects is EFM better than DPF, it would be great.

Looking forward to a reply from you.

thanks and regards,

Utsav

Answers (0)