cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring DMS Documents to use variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This is my first post and I have searched and searched for this and found nothing so please forgive me if it has been answered elsewhere.

DMS was implemented in my company by someone who is no longer around and I have picked it up with no prior knowledge.

We have the situation where a document is created in DMS using IW52. We use templates that have been loaded using CV02n. These templates are MS Word and have variables within them i.e. for a letter, the address is &1& the value for the address is then pulled in from the data (in this case) from a notification. So the end result is a letter which is addressed correctly, with the correct reference numbers etc.

However, for one particular template only some of the values are pulled in to replace the variables. I'm guessing there is a back end table somewhere that maps the variables to the field they should be pulled from? But where is that back end table? Or is it within SPRO? Or am I talking rubbish and it's customized and there's no hope of me finding out?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

Kathy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was custom code that was incorrect.

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy-

Welcome to the world of DMS!

My guess is if you look at the originals section of the DIR that was created from IW52 - you will see the three character workstation application. If you look in SPRO under Cross application components > Document Management > General Data > workstation application. There, look for the three letters in the DIR. Then look at the details of the workstation application... I think you will start to see how the fields are transfered from SAP to the document stored in DMS.

Maybe this link can provide more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/6b/3e0d386fa18310e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Hope it helps!

-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jennifer - some light reading for me over the weekend!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. It turns out after talking to the ABAP guys that it was some customised BAdI code and the parameters in question weren't coded.