cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new system barcode font on SE73

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

I'm trying to create a new barcode font based on BC_C128B...

I created a ZXXXXXX with the same attributes...

In the form i put the ZXXXXXX in the codebar field of my char format.

When I run my program and print, i can see the actual characters instead of codebar.

But when i change the barcode to BC_C128B, it prints the codebar correctly...

What am I missing??

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

In addition to creating the new system barcode, you need to also create the print controls that contain the actual commands that are sent to the printer in the used device type.

i.e. SE73 -> Printer Bar Code -> <Device type>(e.g. HPLJ4000)

In here you have to add the barocde that you created via the 'Create' icon. You can create the ZBC_C128 barcode within the device type and assign two new print controls. e.g.

Device type HPLJ4000

Bar code ZBC_C128

Bar code prefix SBP99

Bar code suffix SBS99

Then you need to fill the print controls SBP99 and SBS99 with commands similar to SBP21 and SBS21. these commands tell the printer to switch to the barcode font.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that (adding the font to the printer) I'm using BARCODE.DLL from BARS. And I'm printing to PDF.

I added to the ZSAPWIN is that right??

So... about the commands, where do I call them,in the program or FORM??

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you fill the print controls with the correct commands, you only ned to assign this barcode in the character format in your form.

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also the only possibility to get a correct barcode into a PDF file is to use the new barcode technology described in note SAP #645158. Unfortunately the new barcode technology can only be used with smartforms. You need to create a new system barcode and select that it uses the new barcode technology.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I fill the print-commands??

With the BARCODE.DLL, I can print the codebar correctly in a PDF...

I just want to change the width of my codebar, that's why I need to make a new entry in SE73.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SE73 -> Printer Bar Code -> ZSAPWIN -> ZBC_C128

Place the currsor on print control SBPxx and click on button 'Maint. Print Control'

regards,

Aidan