cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File to Flat File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a flat file to flat file scenario. I pick up a file in a specific format and produce a flat file in tab delimited format after some mapping.

Everything is ok. All the functionality is working perfectly. However, there is one small error. In case the source file is empty, there is an error message in SXMB_MONI (which is correct as there is no XML content) but I still need to generate an empty output file.

Is this possible ? Can I change something at the 'File Content Conversion' level ?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Freddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

Check this thread:

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

My XML charset is UTF-8. The interface is working perfectly fine in case of some data exists in the source file. However, when there is no data in the source file, the above mentioned error appears.

I will try your BOM and other options and let you know the results.

Thanks guys.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

Are you using any mapping to determine your receivers?

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Yes, I am using some mapping in my Interface. It's a flatfile to flatfile scenario using File Content Conversion. The source file contains data and the mapping converts the data into a tab-delimited format and creates another file in a target location.

Thanks,

Freddy.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

Are you using Enhanced receiver determination in your scenario by any chance?

Regards,

Sanjeev.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

>>>Problem while determining receivers using interface mapping: Error while determining root tag of XML: BOM / charset detection failed.

The charset of the XML cannot be determined. That is written clearly in the message.

Is your XML belongs to UTF-16 or UTF-32? Then it needs a BOM which is missing.

Have a look at below link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte-order_mark

Check, if there is an XML header and which charset is mentioned.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

If using PI 7.1 and above do the following:

in sender channel:

under processing tab -> Empty File Handling -> Select Process Empty Files out of the available 3 options

in receiver channel:

under processing tab -> Empty Message Handling -> Select Write Empty File option

If you are using XI 3.0 or PI 7.0 you will have to face the error in moni. No workaround.

Cheers,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I have implemented the above mentioned solution. However, I am still getting the following error in SXMB_MONI.

Problem while determining receivers using interface mapping: Error while determining root tag of XML: BOM / charset detection failed

There is no content in the file.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the occurence of Interface Mapping to 0..1 and please check no condition should be specified in Receiver determination.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

you can change the occurance ot the target data type element(s) to minOccurs = 0

Regards,

Udo