cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDSS Syndication sending records after import

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an issue with the synidicator sends records after importing a change.

First if a record is changed via datamanager or portal the syndicator sends out the record that changed due to the MAP set to "suppress unchanged records"

A few times I have needed to using the import manager to make mass changes. Here are the steps I use.

1.Stop MDSS

2.Import via import manager the changes

3.Open Syndication GUI, create one destination field, map it to the Key field in the table

4.Select suppress unchanged records

5. Select Syndicate.

6. run step 5 again to ensure I get the message 0 records syndicated

7. start MDSS

8. Monitor to make sure no records are sent out. (MDSS runs every 10 minutes, I monitor for 30 minutes)

Then a few hours later the MDSS sends out all the records I imported a change for....

Am I missing a step to remove the internal flag that mark the records as changed? Why is the MDSS still picking up these records hours later?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Try syndicating the records using the same remote system, as in your map.

Thanks,

Priti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that was it, I guess in the past I was just lucky that the first port in the list was the port with the map, so I never noticed that it was independant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

What if you create a map and instead of mapping one field, map all the fields and save it to local machine and then check if reocrds are again getting syndicated or not ?

let me know if it helped or not.

Thanks and Regards

Praful Kulkarni