cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the file name in Target directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently iam facing a problem with some files.my interface is a File to file .As per the interface the sender will pick the flatfiles from source directory which the file name was BNP_NE201.txt once my file reached to target directory the name of the file willrenamed as VENDOR_Payment.NE201 automatically for this they have done some OS level script in receiver communication channel of the first interface which we have added "un operating system command after message processing" in processing parameters tab.again one more sender comm channel wil pick the file from first target directory which is having naming convesion of "VENDOR_Payment.NE201 " and post it to target. all the two interfaces are file to file (NFS) . for a parctuclar day files has been posted to 1 st target directory and the receiver communication channel is not yet convert the file names bcz of that the second communication channel can't able to pick the files from target directory. for some times that is working fine and some times it is unable to convert.

from our side i check every thing .could you please suggest me the way to approch

Reagrs,

Kiran tanuku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> for a parctuclar day files has been posted to 1 st target directory and the receiver communication channel is not yet convert the file names bcz of that the second communication channel can't able to pick the files from target directory. for some times that is working fine and some times it is unable to convert.

You need to wait until the file is converted. After when it is converted then the second interface sender communication channel will pick the files.

What do u mean by unable to convert?

Is it unable to do the content conversion? if so then check the data as you said that it sometimes it works fine.

> The best approach is to change the name of the file in the receiver communciation channel instead of using a script.

Thanks,

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

>>>> for some times that is working fine and some times it is unable to convert.

Due to network issue and also some server issue, it might be cause.

It might be your server is down sometimes.

Hope this helps to you.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where your invoking the script? Is it before message processing or after message processing in the receiver channel.

Also check if the file placed in target directory1 is having enough permissions for the script to pick the file.

Please explain why you need 2 interfaces?

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

The script is there in PI server only and currently the server is there in windows operating system.

And Os the Command will execute after the message processing only.

I have enough permissions to access the directory (folder) in the server.

Please advise me

Regards,

satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you are able to view the files in target directory 1 from where the second sender channel is not picking the file correct?

Also please check if in the communication channel monitoring you are getting any errors due to the file size or not?

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you have done the rename by an OS script? You can't rename using the CCReceiver?