Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same MessageID from sender(Webservice) -- PI -- ECC and vice versa

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks,

We have a sender and receiver webserver which has its own monitoring system in it and it tracks messages by means of Message ID which it creates .

Now this web service when hits PI it sends the message ID in a field in payload.

The message ID which the webservice sends is now different then which is created in PI as the message propagates

The same message ID is created in ECC as we all know .

Now Our problem is we are finding it difficult to track messages from webservice Outbound as well as inbound

If there are 100 messages we have to search on the basis of time only , we cant search on message ID

My question is can we have a unique message ID throughout the scenario.

( i.e webservice -- PI-- ECC and ECC -- PI --Webservice)

Please help

thanks

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

i dont think you can set the same id in both systems as they need to be unique. But can [Selecting messages using the content of the message|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22469] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, so you can search for the webservice ID.

For the other way around you have to map the ID to a content field (/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm

) and investigate the webservers possibilities.

Regards,

Udo

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for inputs ,

I just have a question , Now the Sender webservice is hitting PI on the Endpoint URL which we provided

In that URL can we add & MessageID = field and then in that field the sender will populate its own message ID and then can we overwrite the PI and ECC message ID s with that one

Just asking if we can think on this front.

thanks

Ninad

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

it is always hard to say: "Not possible" - because you never know each trick. But as far as i know: "No, i dont think this possible because the system's message ID's have to be unique." How could you avoid having double message id's with database faults and so on?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont u use timestamp?

Ask source system to pass timestamp in any field, pass the same to ECC through PI.

-Gouri

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually we are getting 1000 messages per day and currently we are doing the same thing searching for time frame

Even if they pass timestamp in a field its difficult for us to check each and every payload

The Idea behind this is to avoid searching payloads

Hope you got my point

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

R you using proxy for ECC?

-Gouri

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we are using proxy for ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, you must be saving the proxy results for each record in Ztable for error handling. In this, you can save this timestamp and message ID of PI as well. Now it will be easy for you to back track the message.

For eg: you can search the timestamp in Ztable, find corresponding message ID and then search in PI.

Also there are some standard methods available in PI for payload based message search. You can go for that.

We had used timestamp in our case and it was really very useful. Lets see If we can get any better method on SDN.

-Gouri

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gouri ,

In case of webservice sender the webservice sends a message ID in a payload ( they have there own monitoring using there own message ID )

Being in Support , I get a call that message belonging to xxxxx message ID has failed. Now when I look in SXMB_MONI

I see 1000 messages between same sender and receiver.

I have to check payload and check the said message ID and then find the message , this is Cumbersome

hope we find some better approach

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have to track/check/find messages according to payload content criteria, I'd first go for message indexing (we use it for our XI systems, it helps a lot when you have to find message according to a document nr for instance) ...

Playing with GUID factory and custom table to track correlations b/w XI messages and those GUIDs would also help, though it requires more effort

Chris

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

folks any more thoughts

thanks

Ninad