Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help with text table in WD abap

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using country related input help with check table T005 in one of table and i want to display the country text along with country id in my table, f4 for country is coming however if i select country from f4 it showing country id in the input field of table.

i want to have country text also in one of my input fields in the table, i have seen f4 help works if we have explicit search help and using parameter assignment we can have id and text defaulted if we use same context for id and text fields, however in this case country table t005 has check table t005 where texts are stored in text table t005t so web dynpro abap is't picking up the texts??

please suggest how can i get the texts as soon as i select country in the f4??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

You merely have to have an internal table storing list of countries, which you only need to do once, e.g. on load of application (method WDDOINIT of COMPONENTCONTROLLER). In your view, you have to declare a method for event onEnter of the input field, but this method doesn't have to have any code. Your code will be in method WDDOBEFOREACTION, where you read get country name from country key. Once you've got country name, transfer value to a context attribute to which you've already mapped as a source for attribute value of the UI element.

Check out SAP Webdynpro component FITV_IMG_DEFHTLCATA -> view V_ITEM.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anirut,

that option is always there!!! just looking for some automatic procedure which based on text table.