cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email from 2 SMTP servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have users from different domains in 1 client. Emails are send out from different domains. We directed SCOT to 1 of the SMTP server, and the email administrator will setup relays from this SMTP server to other SMTP servers. But now, some are saying that relays are not secure and that it should be removed. Hence, we are trying to find alternative.

How am I able to add another SMTP node in SCOT so that email from different domains are directed to different SMTP servers directly?

Thanks,

TM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any notes mentioning that SMTP relay is the way to go and is recommended by SAP? Searched but can't find anything useful. I need evidence to support my claim.

Thanks,

TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will not find anything from SAP to support your claim.

SAP designed its system to be able to send emails to a single SMTP node. That is a fact and it is logical because SAP Netweaver is not a dedicated mail software.

If you have more complex needs, you have to find a workaround.

In my company, my solution was to install an SMTP relay software managed by the SAP administration team.

Therefore we can set our own routing rules for incoming or outgoing mails from our SAP systems (ECC, SRM, CRM, etc...)

This SMTP relay can then send or receive emails from the company SMTP official servers.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Just wondering, can you share the name of the relay software used by your company?

Thanks,

TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I use a windows freeware called "Hamster". I was skeptical at the beginning but 2 years later and tens of thousands of incoming and outgoing mails later, I am very satisfied. Specially when considering the price !

Whith the included script language, It is very easy to write mail routing rules depending from the sender or receiver mail addresses for exemple.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is simple : This is just NOT possible because only one single SMTP node is possible in SCOT.

Regards,

Olivier