cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Table Repeatly in different subform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to display data from same table repeatly in different subforms. Its first appearance is correct but for the rest there is no data displayed.

I searched on the forum and found related unanswered thread: It seems the reason caused problem is that table iterate set to the end after first loop.

So my question are:

1 Is that the table iterate caused the problem?

2 If it is, how to initialize the the table iterate, by abobe script? Any example code for it?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

In adobe whne the source is binded to a table, it publuishes each record one after the other and finally reached to EOF (end of file) so you cant see data in the 2nd table because here it again tries to iterate through the records but the pointer already reached to EOF.

simple approach is just drag and drop the table from source to context twice in the form.

then you have 2 tables of same type and same data use them for 2 tables as required.

Hope you got this,

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai-san,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Actually the subform is also dynamic generated. So it's unkown that how many times the table repeated. I checked other thread you replied and you mentioned that there is some way to initialize the iterate. How does it work? By script or other way? Any example code? Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

when the subform is generated dynamically the first question is how are you binding it to the table source...?

if you already have the script to bind the dynamic instance then you should be able to bind it to the new one..(this might not work if the dynamic instances are not limited but are n).

For moving the pointer back to start of the record we need to access the datasource rather than the table object which is already binded.

I saw related to this in one of the adobe fourms, but i never tried it.

I can check that for you somethime today evening.

Cheers,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai-san,

I mean the subform is flowed and binding with another table. Its appearance times depends on the lines of that table.

Looking forward for your example.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

below is what I could understand your requirement.

you have 2 tables say A with coulmns a1,a2,a3,a4 and 2nd table B with columns b1, b2.

Now the table A & B are constructed as nested where in table A coulmn a4 or a5 is a subform holding table B.

now since the table A increases dynamically from source you want the table B repeated with data in every row instance of table A.

is it right..if so below are my questions:

1) is it a non interactive form where the table A sources with n records dynamically..?

2) is it a interactive form with Add & delete buttons for the table to ADD rows dynamically...?

3) is the data in table B always the same as sourced from interface or is it manuplated and added by a script...?

if you can reply, i can have solution accordingly.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai-san,

You description is very precise.

Below is my answer for your questions:

1) is it a non interactive form where the table A sources with n records dynamically..?

Yes, it's a non interactive form. Table A is with n records dynamically.

2) is it a interactive form with Add & delete buttons for the table to ADD rows dynamically...?

No, it's not a interactive form.

3) is the data in table B always the same as sourced from interface or is it manuplated and added by a script...?

Table B always same as sourced from interface.

Looking forward your reply. Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

then its just simple mate..!

in SFP drag and drop Table A to the context.

so in the context you will see Table A and when you expand you will see Data node and the you will see fields a1, to a4.

now in the context just drag and drop table b into Table A.

now if you see in table A data node you will see fields a1 to a4 and table B.

Now this has become nested table for you.

now if you switch back to form layout , data view you wil see the nested structure.

with this for every row instance of table A an entire table B is added.

even if you drag and drop the table A from Data view to layout it will just does it, no need of single line of code.

hope you got this,

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai-san,

You are right. The solution works well. I'm a new player for interactive form and nested table is tolly new stuff to me. Thanks a lot for your patience and time. The points will be forwarded:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers mate..

Good to hear that you got the form working as required.

Cya here with new issue so that we can learn new stuff which we never came across.

Answers (0)