cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Configuration for PI DEV,QAS and PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to install seperate SLD for PI DEV,PI QAS and PI PRD system and then connect the SLDs with each other.kindly suggest how to establish this kind of setup

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is suggested to use same SLD for Development and QA and a separate SLD for PRD. For SLD between QA and DEV you need to create a centralized SLD and you need to follow the post installation steps. Normally you need to create an SLD entry in SLDAPICUST, create RFC destinations and entry in SXMB_ADM for IE Configuration.Few entries in Visual Admin.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Post installation is done on ur PI servers?

I think in post installation when u execute the Netweaver Initial Setup from NWA.

You will be asked to use a existing SLD(Central SLD) or create a SLD local to this PI. There select the option accordingly.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer my below blog

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/21/transport-targets-and-groups-in-the-sld

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

i have read your blog its nice.

In our scenario we are using three local seperate slds for DEV,QAS and PRD system.all other dev systems(like ECC Dev,BI DEV,SCM DEV) (technical and business system both) are mapped to sld of PI DEV system.similarly all QAS systems (technical and business systems) are mapped to SLD of PI QAS and all the PRD systems(technical and business systems) are mapped to SLD of PI PRD,also the integeration server for DEV,QAS and PRD are different.external system is currently mapped to SLD of DEV.now i want mapp the three slds for transport purpose.what will be the beat stategy for that,kindly suggests as i want to keep seperate sld for DEV,QAS and PRD.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You have two options ideed, using Local SLD and using Central SLD.

For the first option you need to maintain every configuration and SLD components

installed in each system you have.

For the second one, you use only one system to maintain the configurations and

SLD components and the other systems will be poiting to this one.

Please refer to note:

#768148 - Using a separate SLD for XI

And also:

#720717 - Reduce the number of System Landscape Directories (SLD)

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to install and configure seperate SLD for DEV,QAS and PRD system and connect them with one another.i have read the Note 768148 - Using a separate SLD for XI.it tells somethning else, its not according to my scenario that i want to set up.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

If you have queries regarding the Transport targets in SLD, then read the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

-Supriya.