cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount a windows server to SAP server on iSERIES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried looking for any notes or documents about this but still confused if this is possibile.

Our SAP systems run on IBM DB2 i5/os version v5r4.

The windows server is a windows server 2008 and on our network but does not have any SAP software installed.

We have been asked by our BI and mgmnt team if we can mount the windows server and directories to our BI systems.

They want to be able to see the directories and files that are on the windows server via t-code AL11 from SAP.

if I wanted to create an entry in AL11 that points to the Windows server, what would I need to do?

we want to be able to look at files on the windows server called MELLOW.

using the name defined in AL11 (DIR_MELLOW) u2026 but donu2019t

know how to specify the values to create a new entry.

For example in AL11 after selecting configure, the one option for server name has our SAP instance name like server01_SID_40.

How would I be able to add the windows server path and name here.

we can ping MELLOW from the iSeries (from the command line),

so we know we can u201Cget thereu201D

Is it possibile to do this with the operating systems being different ?

They are currently executing CL programs and ftp but would prefer to have the mount.

Appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, without a third party software you will not be able to read NTFS from AIX or viceversa.

The most commonly used piece of software to achive that is SAMBA, its widely used to share resouces in between UNIX/Windows.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, without a third party software you will not be able to read NTFS from AIX or viceversa.

The most commonly used piece of software to achive that is SAMBA, its widely used to share resouces in between UNIX/Windows.

Regards

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess that includes the iSERIES operating system as well.

Will SAMBA work with iseries o/s and windows or is this just for UNIX systems and windows ?

Would you happen to know if this tool is expensive ?

Thanks,

Steve

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAMBA is an open source freeware, I don't know if its available for iSeries why don't you have a google and find out?

Regards

Juan