Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Forms - Resize column

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This question may look a little silly... however I have spent a lot of time on this without success.

I have created a copy of form FM_ENTRY_DOCUMENT_NEW and I have edited the form to meet customer requirements. This form has a table that display all the documents in the form, the last column is the text of the document, this column is too big and I am not able to resize it. Because of this, the upper border is printed all the way to the end of the page and looks ugly, something like this (suppose that column 3 is my text column).

COLUMN 1 | COLUMN 2 | COLUMN 3 |

I wanted like this

COLUMN 1 | COLUMN 2 | COLUMN 3 |

I have tried everything and nothing works,

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

if its a subform structure then you can just adjust the width draging the requied edge.

if its a table with simple text objects even then you can drag and adjust the width.

if its a nested table then its very tricky to do it.

if you want to set the width by using script it should be as below.

Subform1.columnWidths = ".5in 1.5in";

so tell me whats your structure look like.

Cheers,

Sai

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply. I have a table into a subform. I was able to resize the subform, but the last column of the table is still displayed out of the subform. I will try using the script, I didn´t know I can do that.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you mean to say, the table is with simple with text objects right (with out any nested structure).

then you should be able to drag and adjust the last column's width.

did you specify the subform property's layout type is flowed top to bottom

and both height & width set to auto... doing so the subform is set to table's height & width automatically.

if the table's length itself is big enough more than the content area size, then you need to select any coulmn and drag to left to fit the table into content area. this can also be acheived by setting the width of the column in the layout tab.

all these can be done in design itself no need of script.

I couldn't understand why you need a script here.

Cheers,

Sai

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried all those steps already. For some reason my columns width field says 0mm, when I try to change that it automatically comes back to 0mm.

This is my hierarchy:

Sub form

Table

Header row

Line row

I can't re size either the header or line rows.

I appreciate your help, I am new at Adobe forms.

Thanks dude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

if you can send me your form (xml source) i can have a quick look.

also send me the widths you want it to be.

find my ID in my business card here.

Cheers,

Sai

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sai. I have sent that to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

I checked your form and found the fix for that.

Below are the steps:

select the table "table_lin" in your hierarchy tab.

Now click on XML source tab

The cursor is automatically moved to the Table's xml tag where you will find the below code:

<subform columnWidths="0mm" id="table_line_ID" layout="table" name="table_line" w="305.59mm">

replace it with the below tag:

<subform columnWidths="20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 20mm 87mm" id="table_line_ID" layout="table" name="table_line" w="305.59mm">

Now if you switch back to design view you will have the table coulmns with specified widths and can change them.

Explanation:

Since your table width is secified as "0mm" all the columns inherit the same and they are not allowing you to change them

Now that since you have specific width for each column, they are individual and then can be altered individually.

Reason / Assumption:

You might be using old version of ADLC and have dragged and dropped the internal table from data view, the table then generated might have properties or so from the data view (this is just an assumption).

I have replied your mail with the attachment.

Cheers,

Sai

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are so good! It worked.

Thanks a lot for your time and your help. You got the points of course.

Answers (0)