cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Forecast Consumption for Dependent Demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a scenario where the Planning Strategy for a assembly part (say X) is set to a custom copy of 70 so that forecast is consumed by dependent demand. Forecasts are released from DP for such assemblies.

The Parent of this assembly (say A) is defined when sales order is taken (Engineer-To-Order scenario) and BOM defined with X under it. The Finished Good 'A' itself may have any other planning strategy (say Make-To-Stock or Make-To-Order).

The problem we are seeing is that when system plans for X during a CTM run, the system adds the the dependent demand of the parent to the forecast of X itself. There is no forecast consumption, so this leads to doubling up of demand.

I understand that forecast consumption occurs in Livecache and CTM does not store the intermediate results of planning in Livecache as orders, so there is no forecast consumption.

Any suggestions on how forecast consumption of dependent demand can be achieved during the CTM run ?

Thanks

Rishi Menon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to go thru the CTM help library under topic sub assembly planning to resolve your issue..

It says you need to carryout two CTM runs.

In the first CTM planning run, you plan the sales orders, and in the second CTM planning run that you then execute immediately afterwards, you plan the planned independent demands of the assembly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/be/503ee3e9ec4531a0179f56e90030a3/frameset.htm

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nandha

Thanks for your answer. This is very helpful if I have forecasts at a single assembly level. But is there a way to do this if I have forecasts at two or more BOM levels below the finished good?

In the example I gave, A is the finished good, X is the assembly and say that Y is a sub-assembly under X. If the business requirement is to put a forecast at both X and Y, is there a way to do forecast consumption during CTM ?

Thanks

Rishi Menon