cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 7.0 EHP1 SR1 - solman_setup initial configuration - No execute authority

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am performing the initial configuration step of SOLMAN_SETUP, when I receive the error below.

Error: E 002 No execute authority

Step: Get ABAP System Info

This occurs when I click the "Start J2EE Configuration" button on the J2ee Configuration screen(Step 3). This opens another browser window, where I enter the solman_admin user that was created in an earlier step. On the first screen, I enter the

Solution Manager Administrator(solman_admin), J2EE Administrator(j2ee_admin) user/password, as well as the password for the Technical Users (SLDDSUSER, etc).

The script then starts and stops on step 5 of 118, with the error shown above. Below is the output from the link provided on the error window. It is not clear to me, what execute authority is missing and for which user. Any suggestions on where to look for further details about this error, or possible solutions would be appreciated. Thanks.

InvokeService:Get ABAP System Info
Library: sap.com/tc~lm~config~bs
SourcePath ./com_sap_sld70x_scenario_simulate/process/process_2/S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFO_Minimal
Time 2011/03/22 at 12:41:32
WSDL service/NW/AbapServer/S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFO_Minimal.wsdl
Destination 
<Destination name="ABAPHost" subtype="message" type="JCOConnection"> <JCOConnection><host>SUZUKI</host><user>SOLMAN_ADMIN</user><password>% secure content %</password><sysnr>00</sysnr><sapnr>001</sapnr><lang>en</lang></JCOConnection></Destination>  
Destination parameters 
user : SOLMAN_ADMIN 
password : % secure content % 
host : SUZUKI 
sysnr : 00 
client : 001 
language : en 

function name: S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFOInput 
<Input/>   

InvokeService- Result: Error
Duration:734 ms
SourcePath./com_sap_sld70x_scenario_simulate/process/process_2/S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFO_Minimal
Refresh Env. Messages: false
Output 
<S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFOOutput xmlns:system="http://sap.com/ctc/systeminfo"> <CLIENTS/> <SAPRL/> <LOGSYS/> <LOGSYSTEXT/> <SID/> <OPSYS/> <RETURN> <BAPIRET2> <TYPE>E</TYPE> <ID>SCTC_API</ID> <NUMBER>002</NUMBER> <MESSAGE>No execute authority</MESSAGE> <LOG_NO/> <LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO> <MESSAGE_V1/> <MESSAGE_V2/> <MESSAGE_V3/> <MESSAGE_V4/> <PARAMETER/> <ROW>0</ROW> <FIELD/> <SYSTEM>SMXCLNT001</SYSTEM> </BAPIRET2> </RETURN> <CLIENT/> <COMPONENTS/> </S_TCC_LMCFG_LIB_GET_SYSINFOOutput>

Regards,

Russel Robbins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Russel,

Make sure that the user which is running the initial and basic configuration has the followinf profiles:

SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

it should solve your issue.

Regards,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Allam, I added them to profiles to "SOLMAN_ADMIN" and worked perfectly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I first reviewed note 1451426, but the changes discussed in that note, were already present in my system.

I then performed a trace while repeating the error, but I did not find any trace output (at first). I then added SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW to users SOLMAN_ADMIN and J2EE_ADMIN (just in case), and repeated the initial configuration step. After adding these profiles, the step completed successfully.

One additional note, after reviewing the trace information closer, I did find the failing object that was causing the issue originally (see below). This occurred for user SOLMAN_ADMIN. The other option would have been to add this object/value to one if the roles in use, as Ragu had suggested.

S_CTC RC=4 ACTVT=16;

Also, I noticed that in the trace, the only users reported were SOLMAN_ADMIN, SAPJSF and SLDAPIUSER, so the profiles were definitely not needed for user J2EE_ADMIN.

Thanks again for the suggestions from everyone.

Regards,

Russel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

chk the sap note [Note 1451426 - Authorization object SM_SETUP for basic configuration view|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0001451426&nlang=E]

Jansi

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a bug. The default roles assigned by SOLMAN_SETUP for user id SOLMAN_ADMIN is not enough to run the setup (Ironically the purpose of Guided procedure is defeated here).

Run a trace for SOLMAN_ADMIN in your ABAP stack and run SOLMAN_SETUP. you will find an activity (I think 16-Execute) will be missing for an object.

Add that to one your roles.

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu