cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 install in existing landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an existing ECC 6 landscape with EP6 installed. We would like to add PI 7.1 to this . Other than a resource point of view, can we install using the java stack of the EP6 system and the ABAP stack of the ECC system ? Or is it a best practice to install the PI 7.1 in separate dual stack server?

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Besides anyone says here it'll depend on your demands and necessity.

Commonly people prefer to install Dual-Stack (Java+Abap) which perhaps

it's better for an integration between Adapter Engine with the Integration Engine.

The best decision would have to be with your developers and basis team, concerning

the maintenance and accessibility for the systems.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Calo. We are very small shop. I propose to have a separate dual stack system and then integrate the portal SLD with the SLD of PI as a central SLD. But is there any pitfalls going with the java stack of portal and installing PI on the ABAP stack of ECC? We would like to analyse both sides of the coin.

Teresa

0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

If you plan to install Portal and PI in the same system I'm afraid it's not possible at all,

as both cannot coexist in the same.

As PI is related to both Java and Abap, I recommend you to use Dual Stack, which

is much better for you to integrate the sides.

Kind regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have a dual stack server with portal installation, can I add PI to it for our Dev and QA? Will this be a feasible solution although this might not be preferred method for productive environment?

Teresa

0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You can install PI with the rule of don't installing Portal in the same system,

as it's not supported to have Portal and PI installed together, but of course,

you can separate then in case you would like to have both.

As a small reference for you, please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/571442be645133e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Answers (0)