cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iway Adapter(siebel) for XI Installation .. IWAFJCAException:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I tried configuring iway adapter(Siebel) for XI to connect to Siebel system.

<b>Problem:</b>

During installation, we successfully deploying iway Test tool. We get the following exception in Test Tool browser.

<i>IWAFJCAException: Path to object does not exist at eis, the whole lookup name is eis/IWAFConnectionFactory</i>

<b>Sequence of Steps:</b>

1) Started with <i>iWay Connector for XI</i> . We skipped <i>Configuring iWay Connector for JCA</i> as it is not required for XI

Deployed iwxijca_Siebel.sda using SDM as mentioned in the document. I did not configure XI sender/REceiver adapter after this. I proceeded with iWAY TEST tool.

2) Deployed iwjcaivp.war using Deploy tool as mentioned in the document.

Opened the Test tool browser in IE http://sinxid00:50000/iwjcaivp. (We get “<i>IWAFJCAException: Path to object does not exist at eis, the whole lookup name is eis/IWAFConnectionFactory”</i> ).

3) Later I changed the JNDI in iwjcaivp.war to “deployedAdapters/iwxijca_Siebel/shareable/iwxijca_Siebel”, and redeployed it. We are able to now see the Test tool browser running.

When I click on “Service Adapter” link I get <i>“IWAFJCAException: ConnectionSpec is not instance of CciConnectionSpec”</i> Error.

4) We continued on with other steps and deployed iWay business service engine(using file Repository).

/iWay55/config/base/log and the log stated… “<i>Security manager will not be available due to problem</i>”.

5) When I use Application explorer and create a New Siebel target and try to connect, if get the error <i>“Problem activating adapter.”</i>

Do let us know how to solve this problem and proceed further

Regards,

Siva M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody give me an idea about installing the iWay adapter for siebel ?

any links or documents will be really helpful

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>BUG AGAIN:</b>

-DFile.encoding=ISO8859_1

parameter has to be set in config Tool.

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To resolve the problem remove the reference of JNDI from its config file:

File: C:\Program Files\iWay55\etc\setup\iwjcaivp.war

Lines removed:

<context-param>

<param-name>iway.jndi</param-name>

<param-value>eis/IWAFConnectionFactory</param-value>

<description>JNDI name for the IWAF JCA Resource Adapter. If not provided, the application will create a new one based on iway.home, iway.config and iway.loglevel.</description>

</context-param>

Please note that the process of editing this file is explained in the file iway55install.pdf on page 5-7, after making the changes you also need to deploy the tool again

I think this solves your problem...

Thanks & Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried all these combinations but its not working. while i was going through the logs in IWAY55\config\base\log, i found aejca_XXX.log

<i> Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:00:23.0690 PDT - SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_31 [info ] [IWAF JCA] [container] Using default: keystore.type=jks and keystore.password=iwaysoftware

Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:00:23.0690 PDT - SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_31 [info ] [IWAF JCA] [container] Security manager using keystore : /usr/home/xidadm/iWay55/config/base/security/keystore.jks

Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:00:23.0695 PDT - SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_31 [warn ] [IWAF JCA] [container] Security manager will not be available due to problem.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Problem loading keystore: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/home/xidadm/iWay55/config/base/security/keystore.jks (No such file or directory); make sure the password is correct

at com.iwaysoftware.security.KeyStoreUtil.getKeyStore(KeyStoreUtil.java:39)

at com.ibi.adapters.util.security.SecurityManagerImpl.<init>(SecurityManagerImpl.java:45)

at com.iwaysoftware.af.container.IWAFFactory.buildSecurityManager(IWAFFactory.java:209)

at com.iwaysoftware.af.container.IWAFContainer.start(IWAFContainer.java:169)

at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.getContainer(IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.java:492)

at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(IWAFManagedConnectionFactory.java:206)

at com.ibi.afjca.spi.IWAFConnectionManager.allocateConnection(IWAFConnectionManager.java:31)</i>

My Question is: do you ahve any files generated under Iway55/config/base/security folder..?

Can you let me know how the sample file looks like.?

Regards,

Siva Maranani