cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWA Logs are empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a system, where the default_trace in NWA says "No records", but if I opens the stand alone logviewer, I see the errors?

I have checked the portal configuration, with a working Portal and cannot find any differencies. Could it be a OS problem?

Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I've heard of a possible solution that worked for me for solving the problem of NWA not displaying any records (Keine anzuzeigenden Datensätze / No records to display):

This issue is normally caused by a file which was registered in the Logging Service does not exist anymore. To solve the actual problem and purge the dead registration in the logviewer, please

- stop the LogViewer Service on all J2EE nodes,

- remove the unneccessary logfiles (like from the archive folder in the dispatcher and server-nodes, all the ABAP generated Y, CPIC traces from the work folder) and

- remove all the ../tmp//core.*.dmp

- restart the LogViewer services on the nodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Thanks and the steps mentioned above helped in solving the same issue, which we were facing. Not sure if the restart of log viewer service or clearing of old log files did the trick?

Anyhow, thanks for the post.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same problem on Portal Ehp2. Logs are written to the file system, but Visualadmin LogViewer and NWA Logviewer do not show the entries. I have tried restarting the the log viewer and cleaning out the old log files as suggested. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

Hi Sharath Babu M,

it needs both: first cleaning the files and then restarting the log-service (which then updates to new files).

Regards,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I look at the logs in the Visual Administrator they are empty, but in the Standalone they aren't.

Have anyone seen this problem before?

Kim

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we do have the same problem too (Portal EHP2 SP8):

Logs are written to the file system, but Visualadmin LogViewer and NWA Logviewer do not show the entries.

Kind regards,

Manuel

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how you have solved that problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is, the log is working. But I am not able to see it in NWA.

Actually there are installed 9 portals (Same version, same installation files, same os, same sizing and so on).

The NWA log works for 3 portals and they have not been configured in Deploy and Change.

Kim

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For NWA logs to work correctly, all the post installation steps using the template based configuration need to be done.

If you have not already done these, go to NWA and "Deploy and Change" - and try to perform the NWA related post installation activities.

Also, please check if log configurator and log viewer services have been started from your Visual Admin.

Hope that helps !!

- Shanti