Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning HR persons to work center

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

What is the diffrence between assigning HR persons to Work center and assigning HR persons to capacity of work center. And what is the impact of these 2 assignements to capacity planning in activities in PS?

THX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess assignment of HR resources on Work center capacity would allow you to use the resources on all activities which have workcenters with that particular capacity.

e.g. capcity 006 has resources 1 and 2 . Work Centers A to K use capacity 006 so all activities using work centers A to K can use resourcs 1 and 2 without assigning them to individual work centers.

worth a thought!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but i think there is no difference in assigning HR persons to a work center or to capacity of work center. This won't have any impact on capacity planning in PS. I guess you have this query since you find the HRMS button in the Capacities tab as well other tabs in the Work Center screen. Correct me if am wrong.

Lets wait for others to comment as well.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Yes you're right I have find this tab in this 2 places.

Why to do it in 2 diffrence places? Ok I undestand that this is specificity of SAP. :):)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used both of them and dint find specific difference in Capacity planning. However, am not sure but it could be used in the workcenter hierarchy probably.

Br

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not about diong it in 2 different places. The tab is visible in both the places serving a common objective.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just an observation folks,

Going TO HRMS directly will prompt you to create HR workcentre.

Goiing to HRMS thru Capacity tab does not ask to create HR work center and directly taking to screen where assignment can be done.

Not sure if this would have any implication on HR data or so...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just for the clarification. I think your observation is incorrect.

It will surely ask for HR workcenter if not existing. probably you already created 1 from way and then trying to open the same using the HRMS in capacity tab.

kindly recheck\

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

through HRMS it is not necessary to create HR work centre.

HRMS you can use to link work centre with employee (if HR implemented), this will help you to select the employee details while doing the confirmation. Also can be used in CATS.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two HRMS tabs on work centre:

First is on 'Create Work center:ABC' screen and other is on 'Capcacity header data'. Hope we both are talking about same ? If yes, observation remains the same.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I have been still reading docs for this topics. Now yes you are right there are 2 places for adding HR to work center. As I have read there is a reason for this.

If you add HR to work center you will add people to work center indirectly. Now I'm not sure yet if I should add HR work center to work center and then add people to capacity in addition. But I will check it soon.

And the second way is to add people from HR to capacity directly.

The benefit for this second way - directly to capacity - is you can use capacity of added to work center people as standard capacity of this work center.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, for work force planning these settings are required..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through SAP help before you open Question, has this a basic questions.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I didn't find information about that diffrence. In help I has only found information how to do assing HR person to Work center or to capacity, but no info about eg impact for capacity.

If you can show me that that will be very helpful.