cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data and Transaction data question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a newbie to sap bi and have the following question about master data and transaction data.

In a hypothetical scenario where:

master data table contains the following fields: cust_id, cust_name, cust_phone.

transaction data table contains the following fields: cust_id, cust_purchaseamount

I understand that master data is loaded less frequently and the transaction data is loaded frequently.

I am trying to load Master data first and for that I am creating separate info objects for cust_id, cust_name, cust_phone. I also understand the process to load master data into the BI system by creating a datasource and all that.

My question here is, while loading the transaction data, do I create a separate infoobject for cust_id or do I use the one that I created for loading the master data.?

If I have to use the same one as one created for master data, will its datasource not be mapped to master data?

If I have to create a new infoobject for cust_id, how will the link be established between this and the infoobject created for master data?

I sincerely appreciate any help in this matter.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

there is no need to create two info objects (ie., cust_id), when ever u load the master data for ust_id info object then sid's will generate, whenever u r loading transaction data (using cust_id) then it will check whether the entered value (ie., cust_id) for characteristic is existed in master data or not. If existed then it will map the sid from master data table to dim table. So it is mandatory that first we have to load the master data before loading the transaction data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give some more opinion?

==========

seo services in India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

There is no need to create the 2 separate info objects for Customer ID.

First you load the Master data to the Customer Id and corresponding fields so that the SIDs will generate

Secondly create the new Data source for the Transactional data and load the Transactional data to the customer ID.

So that the DIM table will be created.

Please go through the Extended Start Schema concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that done,,!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

There is no need to create the 2 separate info objects for Customer ID.

First you load the Master data to the Customer Id and corresponding fields so that the SIDs will generate

Secondly create the new Data source for the Transactional data and load the Transactional data to the customer ID.

So that the DIM table will be created.

Please go through the Extended Start Schema concept.