cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLMAST01 IDoc posting, but no record update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am running into a strange problem that has me quite stumped. I have an inbound G/L Account IDoc (GLMAST01) that will be modifying a G/L Account or potentially creating a new G/L Account.

The IDoc posts successfully (WE02) however the tables are not getting updated (SKA1, SKAT, SKB1). When I check the transaction FS00 the record details have not changed. I have tried running the IDoc through the testing tool (WE19) but the same issue happens.

I have noticed this sort of behavior before with Profit Centers and Cost Centers that usually happens as a result of not having all of the required fields populated in the IDoc, however in this case I have taken an existing record that I am using so I am pretty sure that I have all of the required fields populated.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out you have to hard code the message function (MSGFN) for GLMAST01.

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harrison,

I'm facing the same problem, the IDoc is in status 53 but in fact, the account settings were not changed. Could you please explain in a bit more detail what exactly you changed?

Thanks a lot and regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were a couple of small things I had to do in order to get it working:

1. Make sure that the G/L Account number has leading zeros. It's a 10 character field, and if your inbound number doesn't fill up all the characters it won't process.

2. Populate the message function field (MSGFN) in each segment of the IDoc. This needs to be done in E1SKA1M, E1SKATM, and E1SKB1M. If the IDoc is a new create, you use the value 009, if it is an update to an existing record you can use 005.

3. Make sure you fill in all the required fields, that should go without saying. Walk through the create process of a G/L Account to make sure the data you are using matches the validations enforced by ECC.

Good luck!

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

it turned out that the error we faced resulted from wrong message filter settings (BD64) which were too rigid. The E1SKB1M segment for the intended company code was not attached to the IDoc; even though the setting for the ledger group-specific clearing is stored in the E1SKATM segment in the TXT50 field, it is not being processed with having E1SKB1M in place for the same company code.

Regards,

Christoph