Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV and tpz import do not match

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI 7.1 EHP1

I've created a Product and SWCV in the SLD and imported the same in ESR.

Now i have a tpz file on CD ROM and want to import this tpz file into my SWCV.

But when i go to ESR >> menu >> tools >> Import design objects, and follow the wizard and finish the import, the import wizard creates a new SWCV where i can find all the imported objects.

Now i have one SWCV, which is registered in the SLD, but it is empty in the ESR, and i have one SWCV which is filled with objects, but it is not registered in SLD.

I'm not sure if this is a good situation.

Any comments?

How can I do an import of the tpz into the SWCV if imported from the SLD?

thx

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changes the GUID of the SWVC in SLD by editing the CIM instances. Use the same GUID as the SMVC from import has.

Better solution: export the SWVC from the same PI installation from where you get the ESR content.

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Mar 22, 2011 12:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can it be that the issue is that I do the import from a CD-ROM, i.e. from the client side instead of the server side?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can it be that the issue is that I do the import from a CD-ROM, i.e. from the client side instead of the server side?

No, that is no difference.

The GUID of a SWVC is created in any SLD individually, but the GUID is the identifier of a SWVC in ESR.

So the GUID in your tpz file is different as the GUID in the SLD. But you can change latter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It does not matter if you are importing from client or server. Let me explain in detail:

i. If you create a SWCV in SLD, it is assigned an unique GUID. This is totally unique and will not match even if you create a SWCV of same name in a different SLD.

ii. If you import a SWCV from ESR in another environment, it is always advisable to import the corresponding SWCV from SLD of that environment also.

If you have only content of ESR, then one solution is:

i. Import SWCV from SLD (which is empty as you say)

ii. Import SWCV from Client (whose data you require)

iii. Copy each object using Copy Object option from point ii to point i

iv. Delete point ii SWCV

This should resolve.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hihi, I dont think i will do the copy option as there are over a thousand objects in the tpz file.

I'll see if i can change the guids as Stefan describes.

Still i wonder if there is a problem with my situation?

I.e. is it in anyway a problem that my ESR content is not linked to the SLD SWCV?

kr

Robert

Edited by: R. den Hoedt on Mar 22, 2011 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Obviously your swcv is not linked to your sld in current environment... this is since you have exported the swcv from esr of another landscape (say test1)..

as i mentioned in my previous post - if possible export the product and swcv from test1 sld & import it into your current environement. then import the esr content in your current env..

If previous env sld data not available then the guids (of swcv in esr and swcv in sld) will never match.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i didnt make it clear enough yet:

I just have one SLD where i create the Product/SWCV.

Then i got one CD with tpz file. I do the "Import Design Objects" form the tools menu and there i select "client" because i have the CD in my laptop.

This is how i end up with two different SWCV's. One imported from the SLD and one created during the import.

What i am looking for is a way to do the import of the tpz file in such a way that it imports all the objects into the SWCV i imported from the SLD.

Thx

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved like this.

1 First i did the import and noticed what SWCV and guid was created in ESR.

2 Then i removed again.

3 Then i created Product/SWCV in SLD and changed guid for the SWCV to that of step 1 guid

4 then i created work area in ESR by import of SWCV from SLD

5 finally i did the import from the CD again, and it imported into my SWCV from SLD.

Looks good now.

Thx

Robert

Answers (0)