cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components involved on SAP KERNELL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to update the sap kernell. I always update with sapexe, and sapexedb(independent and dependent database), but I need to try to update the kernell, but the last release delivered it´s the 701_117.

If I want to update I need to try with the package dw+disp package?

SAP Note 19466 - Downloading SAP kernel patches

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Components of SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB are tested together.

You can update a kernel component if it's newer than the component of SAPEXE or SAPEXEDB

but there may be some unknown side effects.

Component release date is no longer relevant in itself. Sometimes a newer dated SAPEXE

or SAPEXEDB can contain an older component than a single component with an older release date.

If you want to find out which version is newer you should check the file versions.

Regards,

Laszlo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path disp+w have to be at the same level that libdb. When trying the patch level is correct.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dw+disp package

That is contained on the SAPEXE... Full kernel only have two parts database dependent (SAPEXEDB) and database independent (SAPEXE), thats all you need.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the date of kernell 117 is 14.12.2010 and the dw+disp the date is 18.03.2011. The binaries are more update over the kernell 117,not?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said before SAPEXE will contain disp+work, and it will be consistent with the rest of the kernel 117

The disp+work release on that date is patch 134.

Regards

Juan