Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on RFC Look up

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are using PI 7.1 in our project and we have a requiremnt for RFC lookup on a table which is on PI ABAP stack.

I know that with 7.1, SAP has provided the option of RFC lookup and JDBC lookup as a pre-defined function in message mapping. But my req is to call RFC lookup for a set of records (array of records) and get the output for all records and then work on it rather than calling the lookup for each record seperately as it will be performance intensive. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Enivass

Edited by: enivas on Mar 22, 2011 11:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make function module with multiple import and export parameter as table and then use RFC lookup at the Root Level.

Output of RFC, you can directly map to fields or you can call Java UDF to save it to the global container variable and use it whenever you need it.

Below is the blog that might help you

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

But my req is to call RFC lookup for a set of records (array of records) and get the output for all records and then work on it rather than calling the lookup for each record seperately as it will be performance intensive. Is there any way to do this?

Yes, you can use the RFCAccessor using UDF or Java Mapping. Below is a blog regarding its use:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Hope this helps,

Mark