cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a commen error in our two systems. The users complaints about the long running work processes. When we try to connect DB, the connection was not possible and we received the error "TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error". After restarting the services and SAP instance,we were able to connect to DB.

Also in SM21 we found the relative entries like "TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection"

I am pasting here the Listener.og.

21-MAR-2011 16:48:45 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=MJD)(GLOBAL_NAME=MJD.WORLD)(CID=(PROGRAM=F:\usr\sap\MJD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3trans.exe)(HOST=SGSI23SRMEBQ)(USER=mjdadm))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.155.62.26)(PORT=1942)) * establish * MJD * 12571

TNS-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error

64-bit Windows Error: 54: Unknown error

TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error

64-bit Windows Error: 233: Unknown error

I had acheck at OS level for DB parameters processes and sessions. Both are in acceptable ranges and as per standards.

I am not able to find out the exact reason for the issue. This happened two times yesterday. Finally we took complete OS (Widows) reboot.

Please help me to understand what exactly causing the error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sujit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could have been easily caused by your antivirus, can you check the event viewer for errors?... also check your antivirus/firewall for blocked requests.

Regards

Juan