cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS level the Account assignment is grayed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query,

We have a Project Structure where we use only WBS (no networks), and the Work orders are created by selecting WBS as account assignment.

We have a WBS in SAP PS, where the Account Assignment Tab is Grayed out.

We had earlier prepared a Work order, having the same WBS as account assignment.

But later we realized that it was the wrong WBS, so we made the necessary changes in the Work order.

Now the commitment value in report is zero, but at WBS level the Account assignment is grayed out in CJ20N.

The WBS Status is CRTD AVAC.

I tried CJBN & CJEN, to reconstruct the Availability control & the Structure, but still the Account assignment tab is grayed out. I need to delete these WBS, and I am receiving an error, u201CPostings have been made for WBS elementu201D

I have option of setting a deletion flag, but then we cannot use the same WBS again.

Is it possible to delete the WBS from the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@abdul : I made the account assignment with order, but i have removed and assigned different WBS to the order.

I think there must be some way reset the operative indicator, as the WBS status is still CRTD.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I think there must be some way reset the operative indicator, as the WBS status is still CRTD.

please raise an OSS, and kindly let us know the result.

tnx.

abdul

former_member209616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul

Can the Operative indicator be somehow changed after postings are carried out?

Rgds

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ ankushkap : different WBS is selected in the Work order, also the cji3 & cji5 showing no values.

@ abdul : Yes I am referring to the operative indicator

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Yes I am referring to the operative indicator

Its a standard behavior, as you have made account assignment with order, it will be grayed off.

>

> Is it possible to delete the WBS from the system?

While doing budget system posts a document so it is not possible to delete the WBSE. You can set deletion indicator and also avoid displaying it in CJ20N by selecting the option from settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you do not want to use the WBS again in your project set the deletion flag and follow what Abdul has suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its standard for the account Assignment to be greyed out after you have had a posting on it ( irrespective of whether you chnaged the account assignment on service order after that). This "feature" is because SAP differentiates between 0 planned costs and "no planned" costs.

Try OPSx to reset the budget status and then try deleting it else I would suggest you lock the WBS down in order to avoid postings on it.

Edited by: ankushkap on Mar 23, 2011 6:01 PM

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We have a WBS in SAP PS, where the Account Assignment Tab is Grayed out.

Can you please explain where is Account Assignment Tab in SAP PS..!!

do you referring operative indicator..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say you have made the necessary changes in the Work order, what was changed exactly?

What does cji3 and cji5 show?