cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer z tables are created in PSAPDATUSR instead of PSAPDAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our SAP R3 landscape it came to our notice that few customer z tables are created in PSAPDATUSR tablespace instead of creating in PSAPDAT tablespace. Other z tables were created correctly in PSAPDAT tablespace .

Customer Z tables are created in Development server , transported to Qas and Production server. All these servers have same release Web As 620, Same Patch level and database Oracle 9.i .

Please let me know who controls the creation of Z tables in a particular Tablespace during transport request.

What are Implication if I move these z tables to PSAPDAT tablespace with the help of Brtools ?

Thanks & regards.

Naba J Neog

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like mentioned already, this is configured in tables TAORA/TSORA. You can just online reorg your table to a new tablespace using brtools.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I understand that Z table will be created on a TABLESPACE depending on the data class (SE11 -> TEchnical Setting) of the table.

But that is not happening for all Z tables in our case. There are certain Z tables which has data class APPL0. Against APPL0, tablespace PSAPDAT is mentioned In IAORA and TAORA table. These Z tables were not created in that tablespace but in Default Tablespace.

Also, these tables were created in correct Tablespace in Qas server but not in Production server.

For your information these tables were created in Development server and transported to QAS and PROD.

Do you have any clue on that ?

Thanks once again

Regards.

Naba J Neog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naba,

I have no clue why these tables are being created in the wrong tablespace, when the data class for the table is entered correctly.

Could it be that these tables have moved due to a tablespace/database reorganization?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There were no Tablespace Reorganiation done.

However, few big tables were reorganised 6 month back but not this one.

This table was created in Feb 2011 only

Thanks & Regards.

Naba J Neog

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is controlled based on dataclass and assignement is in table TAORA