Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

i have some question about SRM7 - PPS:

1.is it possible to define one root node or organizational unit which have multiple company code from one backend system? if the answer is yes, how?

2.the system allow me to assign one employee to more than one division. what staffing percentage function? and is it better if we define the staffing percentage function? is there any issue if i do this?

3. what the different between company code, purchasing organization, and purchasing group in function tab and in attribute?

thanks and best regards,

Melynessa Sitompul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the anwers

1.is it possible to define one root node or organizational unit which have multiple company code from one backend system? if the answer is yes, how?

For this you can create one org. node say with name "root node co.code" and create Org. units underneath of "root node co.code" with assgining different co.codes from the backend(one org unit mapped to one co.code). It is not possible to assign one org unit with different co.codes.

2.the system allow me to assign one employee to more than one division. what staffing percentage function? and is it better if we define the staffing percentage function? is there any issue if i do this?

I have not encountered this scenario, may be someone else will anwswer this.

3. what the different between company code, purchasing organization, and purchasing group in function tab and in attribute?

Co.Code, Pur org and Pur grp under function tab help to map the SRM org units created to ECC backend system, where as the one one the attribute will help to adopt these attributes during creation of SC in SRM.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunath,

Thank you for your reply, please tell me more about this:

Q:3. what the different between company code, purchasing organization, and purchasing group in function tab and in attribute?

A:Co.Code, Pur org and Pur grp under function tab help to map the SRM org units created to ECC backend system, where as the one one the attribute will help to adopt these attributes during creation of SC in SRM.

so, when i assign company code 1000 in function tab of organizational unit, and then i assign company code (BUK) in attributes 1100. and then i create position and employee that assigned to this org unit. which company code that the employee allowed to process transaction? cc:1000 or 1100 or both? if the answer is both, so why we should define company code in function tab, if define company code in attribute is enough?

Thank you and Best Regards

Melynessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Co.Code picked during the creation of Shopping cart by an user will be from the attribute(BUK) which in your case is 1100.

Creation of Co.Code in the org. structure is for mapping all the Co,Codes from the ECC backend to SRM system.

Please read the following help document to get the answers to all these basic questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/74/344c430fab4d0bbc30996d56cc293a/frameset.htm

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manjunath,

please confirm me about this, so the employee can create shopping cart for company code that difine in employee position attribute? and employee can create backend document (e.g PO in SRM to be replicated to ECC) for company code that define in function tab?

Best Regards,

Melynessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please confirm me about this, so the employee can create shopping cart for company code that difine in employee position attribute?

Yes, employee can create SC for the co.codes that are assigned in his attribute at the position.

and employee can create backend document (e.g PO in SRM to be replicated to ECC) for company code that define in function tab?

No, the co.code that is carried over to ECC backend from SRM while creating PO will be the one which is getting adpoted to SC from attribute and not from function tab.

To make it clear if the user needs to shop for a Co.code that is in function tab it has to be assigned in the attribute of the user position.

with regards

Manjunath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q) The system allow me to assign one employee to more than one division. what staffing percentage function? and is it better if we define the staffing percentage function? is there any issue if i do this?

A) Yes one employee can be assigned to more than one division. Create and copy a position under 2 divisions and then assign the same employee to both positions.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

thank you for your reply

please also answer me about my question: " what staffing percentage function? and is it better if we define the staffing percentage function? is there any issue if i do this?

Thank you and Best Regards

Melynessa