cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Mii data?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody please explain what archiving options exist for Mii? I suppose only WebDAV might work, but need to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Tristan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

Please explain what you mean by MII data? Are you referring to application data, like query and display templates, transactions, and pages, or data that is being sent to MII from another source, or something completely different?

0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

thanks for coming back to me. I'm currently trying to find out if MII creates own business/transactional data which is stored in its local JAVA AS database (and might be a target for archiving) or if all tranactional data being processed and displayed by MII comes from an backend ECC system via RFC. Or is it mostly SAP CE-related meta data being stored locally in MII. Can you help me on that question?

Thanks and best regards,

Tristan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MII collects or receives data from a variety of sources and disburses the data after processing, also to a variety of sources. Inherently and as Ryan pointed out, MII does not retain data unless specifically configured to do so. The only inherent data MII retains are the objects built (and thereby stored in NWCE) which are parts of the applications built in MII. This includes web pages, transactions, query and display objects, etc.

You can use the underlying NWCE database for data storage or you can use databases installed on the same or different server as MII. Typically data handled by MII comes from the Shop Floor (MES, historians, etc.), Quality Systems (LIMS, etc.), ECC, other databases, webservices and such. I often used the term data broker to describe MII, although that does not cover all its capabilities.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Thanks, Mike! Great response. Makes it clear to me.

Best Regards,.

Tristan