cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TA se91 - very slow search for Where-Used List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have an issue with the message searching in the transaction se91 using the Where-Used List. After I choose the message type I want to search in Programs, the system is searching for it very long - about 100 seconds.

[Screenshot|http://tinypic.com/r/14ky54i/7]

Could you please give me some hints, how to speed up this search?

We have NW701on MaxDB rel. 7.7.07.014.

Thanks for help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it!

All I had to do was the table buffer reset with /$TAB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the result: Increasing the parameter CacheMemorySize didn't help. I changed the value to 1280000. The search in se91 is still very long. I would say the time didn't change at all. However I've gained an access to a similar system, so I'm going to check other database parameters too. Indexes of the table cross (which is accessed during the search) seems to be ok. I'll post the solution here if I find the solution.

Besides that, any other hints where to look?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you please give me some hints, how to speed up this search?

>

> We have NW701on MaxDB rel. 7.7.07.014.

Assign more memory to the database (parameter CacheSize) so the table containing the cross reference is kept in memory.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

thank you very much for your reply.

Do you mean dbs/db4/da_cache_size?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do you mean dbs/db4/da_cache_size?

No, not a SAP instance parameter (this is anyway for DB4 on iSeries/as400 so not relevant).

No, I'M talking about a MaxDB database parameter. What's the size of CacheSize currently?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, sorry.

CACHE_SIZE parameter has value 340736.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

340,000 x 8 kb = 2,400,000 MB = 2,4 GB

This is VERY few memory. How much memory do you have on that box?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 8GB. How large Cache should be optimal for this size?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd put that to 4 GB - which is very few memory though (for MaxDB).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the tips. I'll try to change this parameter and then do some tests. I'll get back to you later.

Just for a note, the search takes about 100 seconds. However on another system, where the parameter for cache size is the same, the search is done in a split second, in fact immediately. The only difference is in database; we use MaxDB and the other system uses Oracle. And also in the number of records in the table CROSS. Our system has about 2 milion records, the other system has about 500 thousand.