Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC versus BBPGETVD :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I dont understand this at all.

For the majority of my vendors that exist in R3, the report BBP_VENDOR_SYNC works very fine, the vendor data is replicated to SRM 4.0sp8.

BUT... some vendors are not replicated, if I execute transaction BBPGETVD it displays this vendors.

Should I run BBPGETVD ?

What's exactly the difference between these two methods ?

Thanks for your help !!!!

Regards from Mexico 😃

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mr_stirfry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Don't frown...everything will be OK...

For vendor replication you essentially use two transactions in SRM:

BBPGETVD - To replication new vendors from your backend system to SRM

and

BBPUPDVD - To update existing vendors from your backend system to SRM

Both using the same Program BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA, but have different Transctions. Since it is the same program you can not execute it as a job, thus the programs: BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB as described in OSS Note 602651 (though very old OSS Note, but gives you some information on Vendor Replication in the Solution area).

Program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC - OSS Note 823629 says what that report is used for.

Hope that helps,

stirfry...today is 'beef'

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diego,

One more important thing is, we should never use the report BBP_VENDOR_SYNC for first time vendor upload.

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is only for the vendor synchronization.

Manish Jindal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diego

BBPGETVD (Initial upload)- is a transcation to run inital upload for vendors and should be run only once.

Once all the vendors are downloaded intially, subsequent vendor changes and the new vendors is taken care by Vendor_SYNC (Subsequent download).

Vendor_Sync is a program which can be shcedule as a background job for changes and new vendors.

Note that only vendors assign to purchasing ORganisaiton are transsferred.

FI vendors which are not assign to the purchasing org cannot be transferred.

ALso check the number ranges settings .

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish

I use program BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB to transfer my vendors and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB to update the vendors. In both background jobs I have created some variants. In BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB I have created a variants with a special partner type (my SRM vendors have this partner type and only these vendors must be replicated).

The job BBP_VENDOR_SYNC will take all vendors and I have not the possibility to select only vendors with a specific partner type.

I have a problem with transfer some vendors as well. The number range is correct and I have tried to run BBPGETVD with this specific vendor (without the partner type) without any luck. I have tried to run SLG1 and only a warning says that the bank is not maintained. Does I have to maintain all the banks in SRM???

None of my vendors has bank data maintained in R3.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Jesper Lander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper

I have some more questions about your method to replicate vendors. We are experiencing problems at my site and I have spent some time looking at BB_VENDOR_SYNC. I found a couple issues which means the job will never be 100% accurate so I am wondering if this is the reason you adopted your approach.

Would you be willing to share this experience and allow me to ask some more questions. If so, please drop me a line to pecover@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gerald