cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse to warehouse stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My user wants to create a new warehouse number and transfer all the stock for the existing warehouse number to this new ware house number.

Could anyone tell me what are all the necessary steps that have to be followed to complete this process?

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Adding to Frenchy's option two of LSMW:-

In New WH, you may have a differnt WH structure, therefore first design your LSMW in a such a way that while put away you would put stock directly to physical bin location. To do that:-

1. You should have all Bin location for the Materials--stocks you want to move

2. You Should create TO and confirm TO in LSMW itself

3. LSMW function should be to move stock from one storage location to other, cretae TO with destination bin as stated in LSMW upload file and confirm-post stock in Bin.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends if the new Warehouse is in the Same Plant

If it is then you can do a St Loc to Sloc transfer woth transaction MB1B

This will put the stock in the 921 TRANSFER bin from where you can put the stock away in the new bins

An LSMW would be best to do this if there is a lot of stock

If it is a new Plant then a movement type 301 would be used which would put the stock in 920 TRANSFER in the new warehouse and then it would need to be put away in the warehouse as before

I hope that this Helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

Thanks for your response

Based on your reply I have the following queries

As most likely the warehouse will be in the existing plant, once the stock is transferred

from one SLOC to another, how exactly can you put the stock in the new bins??

I am asking this as I am new to WM.

Awaiting your reply

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

In this situation you can follow the below two methods based on the client wish.

Method1

1. Stocks Move form othe storage location to New warehouse assiged storage location

2. Transfer Requirements will create

3. Manually create the transfer orders for the Transfer requierments an confirm to place requested destionation bins

Method 2

1. Stocks Move form othe storage location to New warehouse assiged storage location

2. Transfer Requirements will create

3. Using LSMW move the stocs from interim storage type destination storage bins in a mass way (but you need to close the open transfer requirements as one time job)

Regards,

Madhu