Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES for Environmental Health and Safety EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts.

Our company is trying to install an SAP IDES (target on ECC 6.0 EPH 4.0) to analyze functionality and building demo for Environmental Health and Safety solution.

I browsed through the Software Download center --> Installations and Upgrades -> SAP Application Components -> IDES SOLUTIONS. I couldn't decide which is the right IDES industry package to download for EHS.

Here is the list available IDES:

• IDES DI/MILL PRODUCTS 2009

• IDES EA-DFPS 6.03

• IDES IS-CWM 6.03

• IDES IS-H 6.04

• IDES IS-PS-CA 600

• IDES OIL-600

• IDES RETAIL-600

• IDES SAP AFS 6.0

• IDES SEM-BW 6.0/7.00

I wonder if there is a specific IDES package I should download and install and enabling the SAP EHS module later.

OR should I install one particular standard IDES (ECC 6.0 EPH 4.0), then perform a list of tasks to enable the SAP EHS module and other core modules, i.e. SD, MM, PLM, HCM and etc. that linked to EHS modules for specific industry?

(Edited)

I have taken a closer look. Is that make sense that I should started with installing IDES with Industry of the client? Says, if I want to enable a EHS processes for a Oil & Gas company, I will install IDES OIL, then activate and configure EHS processes from there.

If this is the case, can I combine a IDES OIL and MINING or more in one IDES box?

Thanks,

KC

Edited by: KC on Mar 22, 2011 2:56 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

KC,

You did answer your own question here. Yes, you probably have to build out your health and safety solution. You would have to look at the individual technical requirements for each IDES instance to understand what might be possible.

Regards,

Bob

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

KC,

You did answer your own question here. Yes, you probably have to build out your health and safety solution. You would have to look at the individual technical requirements for each IDES instance to understand what might be possible.

Regards,

Bob