cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer-Proxy authentication via x.509 Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to consume a service from a erp system and authenticate via x.509 SSL Certificate. But in soamanager there is no checkbox for this authentication method when I create the logical port. Only u201CUser Id / passwordu201D and u201CSAP authentication Assertion Ticketu201D are existing under consumer security. Has someone any idea / hint? I have no Idea how I can solve the problemu2026

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both parties has to share and install the SSL certificates before using authentication Via.509 certificate, So request your basis team to get the SSL certificate and install in your system. With help of SSL certificate authentication will happens at service level, no userid and password required.

Thanks

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Basis Team installed the x.509 client certificate.

The logon to a service which is running on SAP ECC 6.0 works via SSL and Client Certificate. (Configuration in SOAMANAGER

 Provider Security -> Transport Guarantee Type: Https

 HTTP Authentication: x.509 SSL Client Certificate via Https)

But the authentication to a consumer proxy from SAP to a legacy system only works vie http and username / password at the moment

In SOAMANAGER -> Logical Port -> Consumer Security there is no opportunity for SSL oder Client certificate. There are only the two opportunities:

 User ID / Password

 SAP Authentication Assertion Ticket

In SOAMANAGER -> Logical Port -> Transport Settings: there is an opportunity to select Https. Is this selection enough for x.509 Client Certificate and SSL?

Someone an idea how to configure a consumer proxy (SAP ECC 6.0) for certificate authentication?