cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

look ahead concept in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in SAP PS module, is any standard report exist for LOOK AHEAD concept.

Tanweer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

amr_ismail2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Tanweer

look i was facing the same challenge that the Project Manager need 3 Month Look-ahead

let me define the lookahed report - It's to show the

1- activity starts at Certain period range and also

2- activities that already "Work In Progress "

Example :- Let's say i wanna make Lookahed report for period " 1/8/2015 - 1/10/2015"

I'm Using the planning board plan ----> filter --> select conditions as following :-

1- Earl Sched Start B  + Use Multiple Selection + "Exclude" the single value + Enter the Period Finish date  "01/10/2015"

2- Earl Sched Finish B + Use Multiple Selection + "Exclude" the single value + Enter the period Start date "01/08/2015"

it will work with you

Regards

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding look ahead is a concept of scheduling. As per the project planning, management would like to see the activities in pipeline for next period of time and what all milestones attached to the these activities. Based on this, project progress will be determined, and with further comparision to baseline schedule the project team is taking appropriate action to make adjustments and to achieve the target.

SAP PS provides fstandard reports to track the project schedule, date, progress, trend analysis. But it always goes with the requirement and may require small development to build a logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes LOOK AHEAD is near to FORECAST but not exactly. I want to explain it as :

1. If one of our operation is 100 hrs.

2. After 50 hrs actual percentage is 30%.

3. Its mean this operation is going to late and can drive the overall project finish milestones.

In this scenerio if our management wants to see that with this pace of work after 74 hrs what will be the percentage of this operation. or you can say after 24 hrs. what will be the forecasted percentage.

Is there any standard report for this kind of forecasting????

BR

Tanweer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think something like this is there in Std SAP.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Point 1:

2. After 50 hrs actual percentage is 30%. - Is it derived based on Time proportianal method?, If yes, then this can be achieved in SAP. Maintain Work as 100 and let system calculate the duration.and have Time propoational as progress method.

Point 2: To view forecast progress.

As you said, after 74 hours you wants to see the forecast progress with the pace of work.

SAP Progress analysis tool works periodically...means it calcuates and diaplay plan progress for each period not for a day or week. What you have been asking seems not possible in standard SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

Thanks for your reply. This job can be easily done in Primavera and our management is always conscious to look what will be happen with this pace and resources.

But now after switching from Primavera to SAP PS I am facing a lot of pressure to produce such report.

Is any other way to cope this.

BR

Tanweer

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanweer,

Earned Value Analysis (Project Progress Analysis) in SAP PS provides this detail.

In many cases companies use interface between primavera and sap in order to get micro details from primavera and macro details from sap.

you can get details from sap, but you need to maintain all those activities in detail..

Please go through sap help on project progress analysis which will give you a clear picture..

tnx.

abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think SAP may not be able to provide same level/format of details as Primavera.

The SAP PS Earned value analysis should however provide a close match for this requirement , else you may think of devloping an interaface using PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read sap help on Project Progress Analysis to know more about EVA

To access the help please follow the path...

On SAP Help portal >> SAP ERP Central Component >> English >> SAP ERP Central Component >> Financials >> Project System >> Project Progress......

To link SAP with Primavera there are third party software available for that..

Please do a google search "SAP Primavera Connector"

Former Member
0 Kudos

EV is a wider concept so you may be better of reading SAP help and come back with questions.

Basically, it would depend on the business requirement which measurement method you use. The dates ( Basic and Actual) are requisites for this to work.

On the Interface part, You may have to consult a XI/PI resource who would suggest an appropriate strategy. You may use an XML generated out of the Primavera system which shall then update the SAP Project Systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If LOOK AHEAD = Forecast . Then there is a std report available.

However as Gokul asked, kindly clarify the same.

BR

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by LOOK AHEAD? Could you please explain?