Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man Power Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Please telll me below scenario,

I have assign certain Man Power for my internal activity i.e.Work Force Planning. But this is planning phase.

Say I have assigned particular Man for my activity for 5 days. But whether he done the actual work or not , how that can be tracked ?

Through CATS time sheets only ? I want Man Power confirmation.

Keshav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Please reply so that I can close the thread.

With Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go with the first option. Use CATS.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thnx to all for replying.

Now I have given them 2 options.

1. To use CATS so that employee can indivisually assign working time for worked project.

2. To change always planned date because there is no person to enter working time for each one of employee because all persons are at site and HO staff is few.

Is that OK ?

Please reply so that I can closed the thread.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I did as you said. I have assign an employee in CMP2 and defined relationship period for him. This can be seen in latest start and finish date in CN50N.

This is planning phase. I have assigned him in CMP2 say for 5 days but he worked there only for 2 days then I need these 2 days as well as cumulative report employee wise that which employee will work on this report and XYZ is expected release date of him.

How to resolve this issus and fullfill the requirement ?

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CAC1 check whether you have ticked the options of 'With Worklist' and 'From Resource Planning' for the relevant data entry profile. This will ensure that only the resource that are assigned to a particular activity can see it in the worklist area and only copy this data to enter the timesheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

thnx for your replies.

If I am using CATS for activity confirmation and I have assigned person X to my activity. But if I am confirming CATS for person Y for same activity then system is allowing me. So how to control this ? Is their any validation ??

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you briefly explain the process you are following to do this? Are you using workforce planning to assign the resource to an activity and then doing the timesheet booking?

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

There is a solution. you use the worklist functionality given in cats. Now make all fields in display mode so user can copy line item from the worklist and copy it to fill time sheet. So now in this case user can fill time sheets only against those projects which are assigned to that particuar employee in project. Work list will be created from project as whatever employee you will assign there will come in work list in cat2.

For configuration, in time sheet you need to tick worklist, project management and worklist.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System allows the person to book timesheet even if not planned for activity.

You can however use CATS Approval to control this. Using this only the approved hours can be transfered to PS.

BR

ANjali

Oops : I replied to the query on first page. I dint see your latest update on next page. Sorry abt that

Edited by: Anjali Upadhyay on Apr 1, 2011 1:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Can you please tell me hint about relationship period. I really don't know this scenario.

Please guide

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

You said that you are using CMP2 for assigning the resources to the activity.In that TCode when you assign the resource to the activity you get an option of mentioning the Start and End Dates of the assignment.And this Start and End date you can view in CN50N which I mentioned earlier.As a test-for any assigned resource in CMP2 you select the resource and then click on Change Assignment(F6) and there you can see the maintained dates.

A step back----

to be able to maintain the resources in CMP2 the same must a part of the Project Team for EITHER the root level WBS element or the particular WBSE to which these activities are assigned.This you may do in CJ20N-select teh WBS element and CTRL+F11.But I assume you already know this as you say that CMP2 for resource assignment has been already maintained.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case if there is a project team for WBS element in CMP2 screen click on the icon for "Project Team for WBS element". Click on Create assignment and choose the relationship (Org Unit, Person, Position). Select the required resource. When you do this a window will pop up. Hit the Period button. Here you can maintain the relationship period. Its been a long time i have used this option and hence not sure where you will be able to see this in a report.

However, try this and let me know if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

It is capacity overview screen. I want to know when particular man and machine gets releaased from the project.

Please help me out

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you assign an employee to an activity you can specify the relationship period. I guess this should help you in knowing when the particular person is going to get released from the proejct. Just check it once and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Kindly reply

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Keshav,

IN CN50N you can get the start and dates of the assigned resources.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anajli and Gokul,

If I want to know date at which my person supposed to free from project then how should I come to know ?

As per my knowledge , I was assigning employees via CMP2. So i thought in CMP9 , i will get date of di engagement date for each one of my employee. But there is no multiple selection screen.

So how to fullfill this requirement ?

I am doing the right way ??

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anjali,

You are right @ CN27. But cost gets updated twice as I mentioned earlier.

So better way is CATS only.

Thanks for the reply.

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Thnx for your reply.

With activity confirmation also I can get the actual work done by pesonnel number. But there are 2 problems in that.

1. We can assign only 1 personnel number in activity confirmation. In my case there might be 2 , 3 persons also.

2. We are using payroll module also. So actual cost amt will come via Payroll at the end of month. So by confirming activity , we will get cost double , one because of activity confirmation and one because of payroll. which is wrong.

So only TIME sheets d only solution ?

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since in your case you will be having more than 1 person assigned to the activity i would suggest you to go for Timesheet instead of manually confirming the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Gokul suggested, Timesheet can be used in given scenario.

But you can check one more alternative CN27 ( Collective confirmation). Here you can use different persons for same network and activity and post confirmation.

Please let me know if it helps.

BR

ANjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can track the actual work done by the person assigned to the activity either by timesheet entry or by manual confirmation of the number of hours that the person has worked on the activity. In case you are using timesheet the person needs to log in his efforts against the activity which may or may not go through the approval process. Once the timesheet is approved and the times transferred to the intended recepient (PS, CO, HR, etc.) actuals (confirmation) get posted on the activity.

Hope its clear. In case not, please go through SAP help once.