cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages are overlapping in different views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 4 tabs on my screen. I am raising messages for different views but the messages of one view are coming on the other view also. I have use different message area but all the messages are coming in one message area.

Please provide some solution so that the messages relevent to the view should come on the view.

or is there any better solution i.e. without using message area.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message manager is per window and not per view. If you keep this in mind and design your reusable views with out message area and embed the views into a ViweContainerUIElement where you need message area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

While calling message using wizard, just pass VIEW NAME also.. u will get messages in specific view.

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->REPORT_ERROR_MESSAGE

EXPORTING

MESSAGE_TEXT = ' Error Message '

VIEW = 'MAIN_VIEW' .

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kris,

i already used this method with the view name but the messages are still coming in other view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you pass view name also, messages will display on current view only.

I checked with one example it is working for me..

If possible can you kindly post your code?

cheers,

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on Mar 22, 2011 6:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my code

lo_message_manager->report_success(

message_text = 'Selected items are already accepted.'

show_as_popup = abap_true

view = 'V_PENDING_ALV' ).

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

This code would work as Kris suggested when there is no Message Area per view being created.

Basically what happens is that when you have the message area on every view and embed these views in a window, the last created message area instance at runtime would be used for displaying messages.