cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record sorting and deletion in tcode VK11

0 Kudos

Good morning SAP Gurus,

I have some questions here and would like to ask favor from you to check on how to get them resolved.

1: Data sorting in tcode VK11

My key combination is sales org + material

When I key in material into the material field in the VK11 screen following this sequence :100124995 and then 100124994. After I press ENTER key, SAP automatically sort the record on material and now the list become like this : 100124994 followed by 100124995. May I ask is there anyway to "keep" the record sorting in the sequence of key entry? (that is 100124995 followed by 100124994)

2: Data deletion in tcode VK11.

Same key combination as above.

Now I key in material 100124994 followed by 100124995. After press enter and then I realised that I've made a mistake which I should key in material 100124997 instead of 100124994. Then I go to material 100124994 and change it to 100124997 and press ENTER, SAP now gives me 3 records which is 100124994, 100124995 and 100124997. May I know is there anyway to resolve this where it should allow me to do correction than to add on a new line for me?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

1. why you want to do so "May I ask is there anyway to "keep" the record sorting in the sequence of key entry? (that is 100124995 followed by 100124994)"

is there any requirement ,coz as far as i think conditon record wont make any difference when populating these records in the sales orders,so why u need it like this way((that is 100124995 followed by 100124994).As system will follow on the numerical basis less number first and higher number later,which is in ur case.

2.To delete any condition record for pricing,First you need to identify the COndition Type for that condition record and then goto t code

v/06 .goto position and key in your condition type and select and goto details buttons and under master data heading there is a field,

delete fr.DB in this field you can maintain out of 3 values ,and if u see these 3 values you can find your answer there only,

u can either delete the condtion record with or w/o popup.

just save and now try to delete ur condition record.

Revert if helpful

Mohit Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Answering the second part of your question 'deletion of data in VK11', Instead of overwriting the existine line with the new material, its advisable to use the option 'Delete Row' for deleting the wrong entry and enter the new material.

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agreed with you.

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reply, appreciate that.

Let me try to give you a real business scenario here:

1: Sorting of record.

Yes, this is real business scenario where my user having a lot of material which need to have the price condition maintain and this list was not sorted by material number. While she is entering the record with the sequence listed in her list, sometimes as accidentally press ENTER before keying in the price, then SAP sorted the list according to material and she is having tough time to search for it (as the list is now not the same as the SAP list).

2: Deletion of record.

I am sorry to have confused everyone here, this is not deletion, but would rather overwrite/replacement of a record in VK11. While user has reliase that there were a record (material number) which has been entered wrongly and would like to correct it, so what she will does is to change the record (material number) to the correct ones and SAP now come out two records, one is the original ones which is wrong material number and another ones with the correct material number.

(this is the confusion raised by user on why when I replace the material number, SAP give me two records? and why I must use delete line function than the direct replacement??

Hope this clear some of your doubts.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Lee

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) If the number of records to be updated is bulk, either you develop a BDC or the user can have the data in an excel with the format of VK11 screen so that just by copy pasting, the job will be over.

2) No it is not possible and system will not overwrite one material code over another in VK11. You have to delete that condition record and create a new record in VK11 with the correct material code.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answer.

Appreciate it.

Best regards,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my reply in blue.

1: Sorting of record.

Yes, this is real business scenario where my user having a lot of material which need to have the price condition maintain and this list was not sorted by material number. While she is entering the record with the sequence listed in her list, sometimes as accidentally press ENTER before keying in the price, then SAP sorted the list according to material and she is having tough time to search for it (as the list is now not the same as the SAP list).

Please maintain conditon via vk32, then it will prevent that happening

2: Deletion of record.

I am sorry to have confused everyone here, this is not deletion, but would rather overwrite/replacement of a record in VK11. While user has reliase that there were a record (material number) which has been entered wrongly and would like to correct it, so what she will does is to change the record (material number) to the correct ones and SAP now come out two records, one is the original ones which is wrong material number and another ones with the correct material number.

(this is the confusion raised by user on why when I replace the material number, SAP give me two records? and why I must use delete line function than the direct replacement??

Are you sure about this, how it could be,once the condition created, then you wants go to vk12 to change, only amount,valid from and valid to can be revised,as I said before, for your scenario, you should delete the existing record via vk12, then create a brand new one with correct material number, hope it helps.

Hope this clear some of your doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please see my reply in blue

1: Data sorting in tcode VK11

My key combination is sales org + material

When I key in material into the material field in the VK11 screen following this sequence :100124995 and then 100124994. After I press ENTER key, SAP automatically sort the record on material and now the list become like this : 100124994 followed by 100124995. May I ask is there anyway to "keep" the record sorting in the sequence of key entry? (that is 100124995 followed by 100124994)

No,at least as I know there is no way since it is SAP standard sorting...

2: Data deletion in tcode VK11.

Same key combination as above.

Now I key in material 100124994 followed by 100124995. After press enter and then I realised that I've made a mistake which I should key in material 100124997 instead of 100124994. Then I go to material 100124994 and change it to 100124997 and press ENTER, SAP now gives me 3 records which is 100124994, 100124995 and 100124997. May I know is there anyway to resolve this where it should allow me to do correction than to add on a new line for me?

Hi there are two ways to deleted condition which you had created,a)Go to vk12 to populate sales organization and material number which you mis-entered, then select this entire line, click"delete" icon then save. b) Go to vk12 as same as pevious step, and then expire this entry(change valid from and valid to to the past date) Hope it helps.