Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation Business Objects in CAF and developing WDJ application

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've read some articles about SAP CE CAF from SDN and I'm making some exercises according those guidence. Right now I have a problem and want to get suggestion from you.

As you know, from CE 7.1.1, the CAF support importing the Business Object through EJB model. So when develop a WDJ application using caf, we can using these procedures:

(Implementing business objects in CAF and developing WebDynpro application)

1) Create business objects or application service.

2) Generate EJB Implementation class for business objects or app service.

3) Create a WebDynpro application

4) Importing the EJB model using the template.

5) Create the UI for the app.

My problem is: In the business object or application serivice, if the operation parameter type is integer, after we generate the EJB class, the type will changed to String. After the WDJ UI is created, the application test failed. The integer field could not passed to the BO successfully.

If all the parameters type are string in the operation, there's no problem. But when I use Integer or Date, the EJB class will change the type and the WDJ app will failed.

I've also test the scenario in CE enviroment including 7.3 also failed. So I'm a little confused which step was wrong. I don't know whether you've seen such problem before, if you could give any suggestion, it'll be very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Winters.

I got the same program, try to parse into the type which you want in AS operation.

BR.

Louis Huang.

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis, Thanks for your reply, but it seems not convenient.

Is there any better solution?