Did you mean: 

Have I got this right or am I missing something "Remote coping of a Client"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our enviroument consists of 3 system which are

EED- clients 100 & 110 Dev

EET - Client 200 & 210 UAT

EEP - Client 300 Production

It has been asked for us to refresh out UAT system with our Production system (data only if this can work). I'm really stuck here as our business is 24*7 and we have 2TB of Data. The only way I can think of doing this is restoreing EEP to another server (off the network) then remote copy this to a off the network UAT server, once completed make this our really UAT server.

WIll that work?

The other thing that has been said is that this should happen every 6 weeks, is anyone else doing this.

Open to third party tools if there are any out there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats why I was asking what sort of system it was... in anycase, The DB is too large to do a Remote Client Copy it will take forever.

Any option you take is going to take time so maybe the idea to do it offline and swap is not a bad one, in anycase I think your best shot (assuming you don't want to modify UAT to suit a clone from Production) is to do a Client Export/Import.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan, we are running (SAP ECC 6.0, Kernall 700 and yes we have ABAP+JAVA installed

DB SQL Server 2005

Olivier we can distory 210 if need be.

I take it what ever we do we should have all our transports transported in production.

Does anyone else do this say every 6 weeks?

cheers EziSap

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks Juan, we are running (SAP ECC 6.0, Kernall 700 and yes we have ABAP+JAVA installed

>

> DB SQL Server 2005

>

> Olivier we can distory 210 if need be.

>

> I take it what ever we do we should have all our transports transported in production.

>

> Does anyone else do this say every 6 weeks?

>

> cheers EziSap

When do you the system refresh, the transports you have in production will then be available in your UAT system.

While you're doing this refresh, your UAT system (QA system?) will not be available, do you have a way of pushing transports through your production support route if need be? in other words, how will you support issues which require new transports to be tested and brought into Production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khaled, a good question about transports. I would have expected you don't do any transports while you are restoring from Production to UAT (yes also QA). If we had to, and I mean really had to we could manually import them in as our transport controller is our development server hence bypass UAT. Once UAT is back up and running then we could transport that change into UAT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, so you do have a transport freeze during this period.

to your other question, we refresh the QA system whenever we go through a major go-live. it can happen every 8-10 months depending on the duration of the project and scope.

But during this QA refresh, we have one of our staging or project systems act as our stand-in QA system to support the production support route since these project systems already have all the transports from the project which has now gone live.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose your system is only abap stack. Even in this simple case, I don't think that what you want to do is possible because you have 2 clients in the EET system.

Your data volume is too big for client copy and if you restore your production database you will destroy client 200 and 210.

In my company, we have only one client in the UAT system with the same client number as the production client.

Therefor we can use the system copy technique (database restore) to refresh the UAT system.

Even with this technique, it is quite long to refresh the system because with 2.5 TB of data, the BDLS run lasts 3 days...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Volume of Data to be Exported is Huge .

I would not Suggest Remote Copy .

You can go for Restoring an Online Database Backup .

You can find the Guides @ SAP Service Marketplace for Homogenenous System Copy

http://service.sap.com/instguides .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of SAP are you using?, ABAP ABAP+JAVA?

Regards

Juan

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use system copy procedure to refresh from online backup of production system. The procedure will depend on your database type.

If you are looking for specifc data to be copied look for more information on SAP TDMS.