cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we access In-Memory data through ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am supporting a client who is in Travel industry. They always want the flight/hotel availability response with in 1 sec or 2 sec. For this we suggested other products in the market which are built to work on CACHE memory. But for using this new product there are number of layers in this architecture which is directly impacting cost of maintaining system.

After looking into HANA architecture, it looks good fit for this travel industry scenario. What I was not able to find is, can we able to write queries on In-Memory data using ABAP?

Thanks in advance.

Amara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you are approching this the wrong way, tough HANA does not yet suppor ABAP still the Modeling Studio provides an enchaced SQL Script to achieve complex Select and Joints between HANA tables to provide pseudo multiproviders Views over the data, so maybe you should ask yoursel if you really need ABAP for this particular Client requirement, that can no t be achieved through the an SQL Script

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can using secondary database connection and using native db sql statemnts to get data from hana in abap / sap app server

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is currently not possible but will be as of SAP Kernel 7.20_EXT.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this customer have SAP BW?

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, They do have SAP BW.

Amara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amara,

You don't need to wait until HANA 1.5, the answer is BWA. You can find out more information about BWA on the web, or I can help you guys evaluating the product.

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I hope 1.5 will sooner in to market.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is not possible with HANA 1.0, but accordingly to shared HANA roadmap will be the case for HANA 1.5, when DBSL library becomes available to support BW and other ABAP AS based applications to run on HANA.

Cheers,

-Vitaliy