Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Related Role not generated in Production Support Clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

There is a security role Z:PRSECADMIN in our production landscapes client 100 and in the support client iteration --066 we are trying to assign the role to a team member.

However, on assigning it throws an error related to s_user_agr. It does not allow to run user comparison either and resulting in lack of assignment of the role itself.

Assignment of SAP_ALL profile resolves it but that is not the ideal solution. has anybody faced this before and any potential solutions?

Appreciate all the help.

-Thanks

Tania

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

That's because user id you are using to assign roles doesnot has required authorization. An SU53 in your system or 'search' in SAP documentation should have answered your query:P

If your problem is that ACTVT=02 (Role change authorization) is being checked for S_USER_AGR during role assigment then you need to set switch ASSIGN_ROLE_AUTH= ASSIGN as described in note 312682 so that only ACTVT=22 is checked for role assignment.

Cheers!

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Mar 22, 2011 9:14 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whoa....your admin is lacking authorization!!! It happened to me once in BI after upgrade...Now I am sure you know which authorization to provide to your admin...take a super user to fix that and log that for future audit.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You mentioned

There is a security role Z:PRSECADMIN in our production landscapes client 100 and in the support client iteration --066 we are trying to assign the role to a team member.

And there were hints of a possible security admin failure?

Do you have the same access in production and support client (i.e. have you transported the security admin role and is the support client on the transport route)? If you have the same access to assign in both prod and support there should not be an issue (I'm making a fairly large assumption here) unless there's a heck of a difference in the two systems' BASIS levels?

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Mar 22, 2011 6:32 PM

0 Kudos

The user had all the privileges to assign the role and I wish it was something to that effect..

Nevertheless, have downloaded the note..the table PRGN_CUST table has 0 values for now and I want to maintain them and see how this behaviour changes.

Will update the results and award points, as appropriate. Appreciate all the great inputs for the way forward direction!!!

Thanks a ton...