cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type change should update all when activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recently changed the data type on one field to make it no longer required (i.e. Occurrance 0..1). When I activated my change I retested the mapping using a sample IDOC in ESR abap mapping and it worked fine. But almost 2 weeks later I was getting the same error in SXMB_MONI from my mapping. It stated that the field was required. I verified that the mapping and the data type showed the correct occurance (0..1) and retested in ESR abap mapping. Once again my test worked. So I resent the failed message in SXMB_MONI and it failed again.

Finally, I made an arbitrary change in the mapping and activated it. Then when i reprocessed the failed message in SXMB_MONI it succeeded.

Does anyone know how to prevent this in the future without manually re-activating the mappings when I change a data type?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does anyone know how to prevent this in the future without manually re-activating the mappings when I change a data type?

No chance. You have to change and activate your mapping any time when you change the underlying data types.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

What said by Stefan is exactly correct. You need to activate the objects when changed. Also there might be cache issue also, because the object instance might be there in the cache. So, perform a cache refresh and re-activate the objects. You would not find any sort of issues there after.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

One reason for this might be that cache had not been properly updated when you made the changes first time. The second time you made some arbitrary change, then it might have been updated properly.

To check the cache status go to Environment menu in the top menu bar, under that got to Cache Status Overview. Here you can see if the cache has been updated for the changes you have made.

Regards,

Aravind