cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Material to Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

Recieve material against purchase order.(migo)

The material(full qty ex.100ea) is automatically assigned a batch number and posted to QI.

Material handlers move material to approriate storage location(s)

ex. 25 to location A, 50 to location B and 25 to location C

How can the material handlers now adjust SAP inventory to reflect physical storage locations & qtys.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is regular scenario then its better to create virtual /dummy storage location as suggested by "Fire Fighter" ,so get your MIGO done in this dummy location and do inspection stock posting to this location.This will reduce number of unwanted inspection lot and effort to close it .Once approval of this stock in dummy location done and it start appearing in Unrestricted stock of MMBE use MB1B to move it to desired multiple location.This worked fine for our last project of additive /chemical .

or follow yogini's suggestion of getting GR done in one location and going to inspection stock tab and do multiple posting by changing storage location. Since suggestion of Firefighter worked for our last project i m endorsing it.

Regards

SK

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction QA11 (Record usage decision)

Move 'inspection lot stock' tab and input 'storage location', 'quantity'

Save and do again

Regards

Luke

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make stock posting three times with each storage location and quantity.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

How do you propose to do that , thu sfar everything i have tried has failed.

QAC2

MB1B

MB1C

If you are suggesting that the stock be posted to its correct location upon arrival, due to logistics that is not currently possible.

If you could expand on your suggestion i would appreciate it.

Thank you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Coming in to QI the system will create an inspection lot for each storage location you receive the material into. If you don't them at that time, post it all to a virtual storage location for QI. Usually you would also hold the material in the dock area until it's cleared. Once it's cleared by Quality they can post the entire amount to the virtual QI storage location where the warehouse folks can do standard moves to put it away.

Or, in the UD, you can make three separate stock postings to the storage locations you want. Just change the storage location on the stock posting screen.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fire fighter thank you for your response.

Do you know of anyway that the Quantity can be split after it been recieved in QI Status prior to executing a usage decision?

Thanks again for your help thus far

Former Member
0 Kudos

storage location ofr any inspection lot can be changed prior to usage decision through qac2 t_code.but as per my knowledge it will be for whole quantity.

as per Kim's suggestion u and change storage location in qa11'Inspection stock posting' tab itself and post for that much quantity.