SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA with multiple Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently building our data model related to BP's and CA's and I've got a business scenario that I'm not quite sure how to handle.

We have situations where a single contract account can have multiple business partners but that "partnership" shouldn't hold true across all contract accounts involving those parties. Let me explain:

Person 1 & 2 own a house together and both should be able to see the contract associated to it.

Person 1 & 3 own another house together and both should be able to see the contract associated to it.

How do I configure/set up the BP and CA so that we have visibility that person 1 is a BP on both CA's. Person 2 on their respective CA and Person 3 on theirs? Also, person 2 & 3 should not be visible on the others account?

We've explored the BP relationships and I'm seeing something related to a CA relationship, but I haven't been able to find much detail.

Does that make sense? Any insight is extremely appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elder,

I would use BP relationship to handle this scenario. Is there a special reason that you don't want to use BP relationship and would like to do something on CA level ?

0 Kudos

Hi Elder,

I would use BP relationship to handle this scenario. Is there a special reason that you don't want to use BP relationship and would like to do something on CA level ?

Hi Sukhi,

My concern revolves around securing the various types of relationships....and perhaps I'm not understanding exactly how the BP relationship works.

The way that it was explained to me (by a consultant) is as follows: If BP1 has a relationship (ie spouse) with BP2, BP2 will linked to all of BP1's accounts. This is not necessarily correct. BP1 may have multiple CA's and only has a relationship with BP2 in regards to one of his CA's. The other CA's may be individually held or be with other BP's.

I need to setup the relationships in a manner that clearly identifies that BP1 and BP2 have a relationship on CA1, but BP1 not on BP1's other CA's. Does that make sense? Does the BP relationship allow for this...I was given the impression that it doesn't?

Any documentation regarding how the BP relationships work would be extremely useful.

0 Kudos

Elder:

Relationships are at the BP level and so probably do not meet your requirements. You cannot specify a relationship that only exists for one account when a BP has many.

You should be able to find documentation on relationships on the help site.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hey,

I suppose this is not possible to set-up. You need to have different BPs.

But BP with one CA can be set-up. The scenario is as follows :

BP1 - BP2 has one CA, say CA1.

BP1 - BP3 has another CA, say CA2.

You don't want BP2 to be connected by CA2.

You don't want BP3 to be connected to CA1.

In this case, probably what you can do is :

1. Don't connect any CA to BP1.

2. Connect CA1 to BP2

3. Connect CA2 to BP3.

4. Relate BP1 with BP2.

5. Relate BP1 with BP3.

0 Kudos

Thanx everyone for the replies. You've essentially confirmed for me that what I was thinking is in fact how it works. Gonna have to get creative.

0 Kudos

Hi Elder

We did some customizing in this area, to allow relationsips between primary and secondary BPs to be created at the Contract Account level. This is used for financially responsible parties, like spouse & co-tenant.

The 2ndary BPs may also have their own CA's if necessary.

Regards

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

That's exactly the scenario that we have. The secondary BP carries financial responsibility on the account as well.

The major issue we're having in devising a solution is that maintaining these relationships at the BP level does not differentiate between CA specific relationships and opens up possible privacy issues.

May I ask who did your enhancement and whether you have any specifics of how it was done?

0 Kudos

Hi Elder

Our Implementation Consultant was Axon-HCL.

The enhancement involved a custom table, with data entry from an extra tab on the CAA1/CAA2 t-codes. It allows an existing BP to be added as a 2ndary role to a Contract Account, with start and end dates, and a specific role type. These role types are in the same table as the normal BP role types, but with some kind of indicator so that only the CA role types are available in the new tab, and only the BP role types are available in the BP maintenance windows.

Hope this helps

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

That's essentially what we're exploring now, so it's nice to see someone else who managed to get it working. I'll pass this information on to our implementation consultant.

Once again, thanx for the insight, it's greatly appreciated.

er

0 Kudos

Hi Elder,

I found something which might be of your help.

We can attached different BPs to a particular CA. go to CAA2/3 and click on "Other Partner".

Lets say BP1 and BP2 are joint account holders. CA1 is to be connected to both BP1 & BP2. CA2 should be connected only to BP1 (and shouldnt be connected to BP2). In this scenario do the following :

1. Create BP1. Create BP2. Specify BP relationship.

2. Create CA1 for BP1. Go to CAA2. Click on button "New Partner". Specify BP2 there. This will connect CA1 with both BP1 and BP2.

3. Create CA2 for BP1.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thanx Sukhi,

That sounds like exactly what I need. I've gone into our system and I see the "New Partner" option in the goto menu, but it's not enabled. Probably some config missing or security possibly.

Gonna look into and see if we can get it to work. I'll respond back with how it goes.

Thanx again,

er

0 Kudos

Supporting Info :

Lets say, CA1 is currently connected to BP1. ANd now, you would like to connect CA1 with BP2. In this case, I would expect SAP to check whether there's a relationship between BP1 and BP2. Standard SAP doesnt check it. In this case, you might need an enhancement for the validation.

Edited by: Sukhi on Apr 18, 2011 9:53 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Elder,

Just wondering whether you've checked in your system. In case you need further information, feel free to revert back.