Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing HCM Extract

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to customize the HCM Export for the HCM use case. In order to do some filtered exports, I'd like to just havev the export run when an attribute is equal to a specific value, say, MX_FS_PERSONNEL_AREA_ID.

Is there a document which discusses this? So far have not seen anything.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The HCM export is based on SAP Query usually used by HR/Payroll consultants so if any are around have a chat to them about how to use filters on it.

There are a few ways to customise the extract, you could write your batch job to select different variants of the RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM program that run different queries. You can modify the selection criteria for the query in SQ01, or in the infoset maintenance SQ02 there are also quite a few options to customise including adding some abap code to only select certain records.

Heath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

what's the purpose of doing this? Would it be an option to do the filtering in the HCM_Staging_Area instead?

Best regards

Holger

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

We're finding in our environment that a full load of users can take the better part of the day and would like to minimize the wait.

On that note, what kind of performance times have you been seeing? We've been doing some bulk loads with 50,000 entries and it takes a long time and even hangs up on occasion.

Are there ways to improve performance that I can pass on to the folks managing the extract?

Thanks,

Matt