Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete PO with "Error in Process" status :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to delete some PO documents with "Error in process" status. Altought I receive confirmation about the deletion, the system (SRM 4.0sp8) is not deleting it. =(

Could somebody give me how to accomplish this ?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think, one cannot delete the PO which is 'error in process'.

Try to run the FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC to check & output the actual error in BBP_PD. If that error can be resolved you can delete the PO items properly.

If not able to resolve, forcibly you can set the satus to 'cancelled'.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

thanks for that.

How do you set the status to cancelled please?

Thanks again for your help

Vikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala,

We have a typical case where the PO item had status "Error in Process"

While executing BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC, there are no errors encountered and the PO is even Replicated in R/3, yet the status for the item remains "Error in Process".

As you have suggested, can you let us know how to go about to forcibly set the satus to 'cancelled'.

Thanks in Advance,

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Could you share with me how to force a PO to be cancelled ? (deleted): diegohs@gmail.com

Thank you !

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I'm sending you an email that contains a 'Z' FM that can help you to force to change a document status to whatever you want.. beware of how you use it....

Regards,

Gerardo.

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerardo,

Thanks for the FM... However, it just changes the status.. but the items are not returned to the purchaser pool (when you delete the po in the standard way, the items return to the purchaser pool in order to create a new po with them).

Any other idea ?

Thank you !

BR,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Look, the way i wanted you to use that FM was to disable the "error in process" status to be able to deleted it by the standard way, then your requiriment will come to the source of supply...

I mean, not to use the "delete" status directly thru this FM...

Have you checked if the "delete" button was enabled after disabling the "error in process" status?

Regards,

Gerardo.

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. I have to do a couple of tasks, but at the end the "Delete" button is enabled. The problem is that its not deleting the PO (the screen says yes, but the po is under "error in process" status again).

Any idea Gerardo ?

BR,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Since your PO is complete, the system tries to replicate the PO to R/3, some problem occurs during this data transfer and then the "error in process" status is triggered...

So, i recommend you to disable that status, and then add the "held" status. Then the system is not going to try to transfer any changes...

If you have the "delete" button enabled and the "held" status active, you will be able to delete it without triggering that "error in process".

Hope this works and helps you out to solve the problem.

BR,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

we are having the same problem; we try to delete a line on a cart (there are no follow on documents yet created) we get an 'error in transmission' and in RZ20 the monitor shows the following error

Shopping cart 1000255595 (PO 0070179757): 06437 Distr. ind. and partial invoice ind. must be

When i logged it with SAP the said we needed to change some settings in the R3 backend on OME9

"In the R/3 backend Customising, 'Account Assignment Categories' -

transaction OME9, please choose the account assignment category you are

using, for example, K Cost Center.

Double click on the entry and ensure the following fields have been

maintained with value '2'.

Distribution 2

Partial invoice 2"

we are reluctant to change this, as the vast majority of carts are working perfectly well with this config.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to

a) what might be causing this and a long term resolution

b) how we can delete the affected lines in the meantime?

Many thanks all

Vikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diego

Once you have done confirmation PO cannot be deleted you have to go backwards means first delete the confirmation and then delete the PO,

or Make a return delivery and the nulify the previous confirmation .

Regads

Nimish sheth

pls reward points for helpful answers