Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New screen ratio 16:9 and effects on SAP GUI design

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

more and more keep screens with the 16:9 resp. 16:10 ratio moving into our offices. I think the changing from the screen ratio 4:3 to 16:9 is great. I do not know some style guides or other recommendations for changes in SAP GUI design. Does anyone have some experience or knows a source of information?

Thanks and cheers

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

what do you expect exactly? A best pracitce how to design the dynpro screens to be "wider" ?

Regards,

Martin

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your reply. I do not expect a guide for appliance. I think it is a big change from the (normal) ratio 4:3 = 1.25 to wide screen cinema scope format 16:9 = 1.78 - a normal sheet of DIN A4 paper has SQRT(2) = 1.41. The human eye has a small angle to see things clearly, e.g. we defined minimal font heights in relation to the distance between user and screen, screen resolution and pixel size. We know, if a line is to long, the human eye lost it very easy. The 16:9 format was originally designed to watch movies, and now it is in business offices. All these things are changing now and all I want to know is, how other programmers and companies handle this situation.

Thanks and cheers

Stefan