Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Item category in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one requirement to change the quantity in the Billing document

our requirement goes like this,

Order was created with 10 Qty and PGI also done with 10qty, But physically customer receives 9 qty and Billing done with 10qty.

Now customers will not accept for the Billing and Business has to change the quantity in the Billing without reversig PGI

As per the legal regulations, we cannot reverse the PGI and change the quantity in Billing

But as per the standard, we cannot change the ITEM category in the sales order once the subsequent document is created.

can you please let me know is there any solution to change the Item category in the sales order using User exit of any other way

regards,

santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As rightly suggested by Joshua, an Invoice Correction request is the right option.

From your scenario its very clear that there is a quantity discrepancy in billing.

So the ideal way to handle either a Quantity discrepancy or value discrepancy is to raise an invoice correction request.

"An invoice correction request is used for correcting the quantity or price of one or several items in the invoice."

Thanks

Madhu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since I was handling similar scenarios quite frequently when I was in domain, from my experience, I can share the same.

It is known to customer also that billing cannot be changed once it is generated. Hence, the client can request the customer to either deduct the amount to that extent while releasing the payment against that billing document or the client can give one number extra or credit in the subsequent shipment. Any customer will accept for this.

Meanwhile, I also dont understand why you want to change the item category after billing and what you would like to achieve over this. If the above options is not acceptable to client, then the best approach would be generating a credit note straightaway against that billing document and set right the records.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi pathy,

If we can change the item category in the order after the delivery, we will change it to Item category which is having billing relevance as K which can allow to change the Quantity in the Billing document to 9 ( in my case)

Remaining 1 quantity will be manually adjusted in Inventory adjustments

This is the requirement , Hope i clarified this time better !!

Please let me know your suggestions

regards,

santosh

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As of the process, iwhen you are despatching the material, it will be accompanied along with the delivery challan and Invoice. So Invoicing will be done before your customer receives the material. That way you should not allowed to change

the material.

Now if there is any difference then , it should have to be through invoice correction request or through Credit memo.

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the quantity in the Billing document without Reversing the PGI

Because Business is not accepting to use Invoice correction request or credit memo

Please let me know if any User exit available to change the Billing quantity

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you have resolved the issue since the status of the thread is "Answered". If not, for your question

Is it possible to change the quantity in the Billing document without Reversing the PGI

the answer is NO.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santhosh

as u mentioned using billing reference k will be used to bill the partial delivery quantity so

once if u save the billing document u cant do any changes to that, regarding u r issue its not possible in standard sys

thanx and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we create a sales order with item category = non stock category and with an order reason say free of charge, and do a delivery document (because item category = non stock, there will not be goods movement in the system) . If needed you can use proforma invoice as the subsequent document for this delivery document.