Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing special characters through importmanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a small situation in here:

We have a field which contains special characters like Exm: Item: removed "group" from global description

I have these data in Excel , so could you please explain how to import data in excel with special characters through import manager ( SAP MDM 7.1 SP6)?

Do i need to convert the excel data to UTF8 encodingv first? if yes then how ? and also is there any other procedure for this ?

Appreciate step by step procedure if possible.

Regards,

Harmony

Edited by: harmony_2303 on Mar 21, 2011 5:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

You dont have to worry about the conversion you can directly import the data through Import Manager.

I assume that your source is excel and will let you know the import step for this

1) Open the Import Manager

2) Select the Source, Source can be anything like Excel/Delimited Text or Fixed Text ( If it is text delimited than please specify the delimiter as well)

3) if source is in Excel then just import it and then map the fields ( Please change the data type of that particular column to Text in your excel so that excel does not change any data value automatically)

4) Once the mapping is done please import the data and check it would have special characters as well.

Note : Filed size at source as well as destination should match or destination should have more size so that it does not truncate the data value.

Let me know if it does not works

Thanks and Regards

Praful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harmony -

You can do it in both the ways from text directly or from excel

follow below link

HTH